Chapter 42

"Dumplings are delicious with fine white noodles. We don't have any white noodles at home. Let's buy some and go back." Zhou Jing held the little husband's thin and moist hands tightly, and looked at the little husband's red ears, and his heart seemed to be relieved for a while. The slow-flowing creek wraps softly with tenderness.

"What are the guests buying?" Leaving Shen Lin outside the store to watch the mule cart, Zhou Jing and Shen Mo entered the grain and oil store.

"How much is a pound of fine white noodles here?" Zhou Jing asked.

The shopkeeper saw that Zhou Jing and Shen Mo were wearing coarse cloth. Although the material was not the cheapest low-grade burlap, it was still coarse cloth, so he felt that they would not be the customers who had spare money and could afford fine white flour. But as soon as Zhou Jing entered the store, he asked about the white noodles, and he didn't mention anything else. Obviously, he had a goal. Those who do business have their own set of skills to watch people serve dishes. They will judge the general economy of the person based on their clothes and clothes, and then introduce the corresponding rice and noodles to the person according to the economy. In this way, the embarrassment of introducing high prices to low people is avoided, and high people are persuaded to buy low prices, making high people feel humiliated.

The shopkeeper asked tentatively, "Do you two want to eat by yourself or give it away?"

Zhou Jing is a businessman himself. Knowing the twists and turns here, he can only market by providing different needs for different customers.

He smiled and said, "Although we are eating by ourselves, we want to buy some good ones. The shopkeeper will introduce some good ones. The price is not less than a dozen coins." The

shopkeeper was stunned at first . People are so rich, although they are worried that the two of them will find it expensive and not sell it, but this is how they open the door to do business, and not everyone who enters the door has to pay.

The shopkeeper dutifully led them into the inner room, where fine grains were stored.

"Two guests, how about this? This is the best snowflake noodles in our town. It costs 20 cents a pound. Many wealthy masters eat it at home. The white noodles next to it are also good, at 17 cents a pound. It's just a little bit less delicate, but we have enough to cook and eat at home, so I eat this at home."

Coming from lack of clothing and food since childhood, Shen Mo has a natural liking for food. I carefully compared the two kinds of white noodles. If, as the shopkeeper said, it looks like one is more finely ground than the other.

Just as he was about to reach out to the cheap one, Zhou Jing squeezed his palm lightly.

"Let's buy that expensive copper plate with no less than a pound of three cents. It's not luxury, it's because I want to supply you with a New Year's Eve dinner." Zhou Jing's tone was light and casual, with a homely tone of gossip. However, these simple words instantly made Shen Mo's eyes red and his nose sour.

Shen Mo is not a crybaby, so he doesn't cry easily, so he desperately forced the heat from the corners of his eyes back. But the feeling in my heart turned into a sea, with turbulent waves.

Shen Mo thinks that this is probably a performance of one person putting another person at the top of his heart. It's obviously a long time ago, so long ago that the person concerned feels that it's past, and when he thinks about it, it's just a painless scar. But some people take this shallow scar in their hearts, keep it in their hearts, and never forget them, trying to make up for the damage this scar once caused.

The shopkeeper understands as soon as he hears it, and thinks that these two people are suffering. Seeing that they are wearing slightly better coarse fabrics, they know that life is just getting better, and the man wants to make up for the family husband who has eaten with him all these years. bitter.

This is a sad and beautiful thing. The shopkeeper instantly thought of the hardships the husband had spent with him when he was suffering, and he felt the same way about what happened to Zhou Jing and the two.

"This husband doesn't need to worry anymore, I also understand, this is your boss who loves you and wants to make up for the hardships you have endured over the years. Since your boss has this kind of mind, you should keep it. I will be the boss. I would like to add a blessing to both of you, I wish you more and more prosperous life, this snowflake noodle counts as your eighteen, what do you think?"

Shen Mo smiled and said, "Thank you, the shopkeeper, I will definitely come to you in the future when my family needs rice noodles. Buy it here." The

shopkeeper was just moved by a moment, and didn't ask for anything else. In his heart, the peasants have land in their own homes, and the food they grow every year is enough for their own family to eat, so how can they be willing to buy them.

But the shopkeeper still said: "Thank you this husband, as long as you come, I will definitely give you a cheaper price."

"Give me fifty pounds of snowflake noodles, and the one next to me will also give me fifty pounds. By the way, Do you have cornmeal here, but also fine, give me twenty kilograms." Facing

Shen Mo's suspicious gaze, Zhou Jing explained, "Fine cornmeal is equally delicious when cooked, and eating more coarse grains is good for the body. It's good. However, you don't need to eat more coarse grains. Your main task now is to nourish your body. Eat more food to keep your body healthy."

In later generations, the price of coarse grains was once higher than that of white noodles. From the perspective of health preservation, coarse grains are nutritious. Great value. However, this is actually more suitable for people whose descendants have eaten a lot of fish and meat. For people like Shen Mo and Shen Lin who lack nutrition all the year round, fine white flour and white rice are more nourishing.

There was not much oil and rice at home, and Zhou Jing sold another 200 catties of japonica rice. I used to buy in small quantities, and I didn't dare to buy so many at once, for fear of attracting villains.

But now his business has been spread all over the village, and everyone knows it. Those few dishonest relatives of the best quality were also taught by him just now, and they should be able to be honest for a while. The life at home will definitely get better and better, and you can't hide it all the time because of the hot eyes of others.

Zhou Jing said to Shen Mo: "The bowls used at home are still the same as before, so why not change them all together this time."

"Alright." Shen Mo also knew this truth. I used to be afraid that because the days were getting better, Mrs. Wang would come to his house to snatch it. Now that Zhou Jing is supporting the door, everything seems to have become paper tigers. Zhou Jing has a way to deal with it, and Shen Mo is not willing to hide the good days at home. It's been a long time in poverty, and I'm holding my breath.

They bought bowls and chopsticks in the town again. There were only three people in the family, so Shen Mo bought three ceramic bowls, a ceramic plate, and several pots. Chopsticks and spoons are not willing to buy ceramics, they chose wood.

Other food such as sugar and honey, various pastries and snacks, Zhou Jing bought some one by one. They actually built a hill on the mule cart, and at a glance, they bought a lot of things.

When Zhou Jing's mule cart drove into the village and entered the gate of Zhou's house, the rumors about the Zhou family's downfall were self-defeating. Zhou Jing's exposed wealth was like cold water dripping into hot oil, and it was instantly fried in the village. The villagers suddenly discovered that the Zhou family had quietly developed without knowing when. Even if there is no land, there is no shortage of food.

"Brother Jing, what are we doing with dumplings?" The Zhou family was unmoved by the rumors outside, and only focused on living their own little life.

Zhou Jinggang taught Shen Mo how to knead the dough, and the snow-white dough was kneaded in Shen Mo's hands, and the kneading became more and more sinewy. Just looking at the white noodles, Shen Lin felt that dumplings must be delicious.

"Let's pack one meat and three fresh meat, and one mushroom meat."

"We pack two kinds of stuffing?"

"Yes. Since it is to supply your New Year's Eve dinner, naturally it can't be simple. Not only do you need two kinds of dumpling fillings, but I plan to make a few more. How about an egg cake, a candied peanut, and a fried pork slice with lettuce and lettuce?" Zhou Jing asked.

"Very good, many people eat like this during Chinese New Year."

Zhou Jingdao: "Our family's Chinese New Year will definitely not be so simple. I didn't make so many meat dishes because we mainly want to eat dumplings. If we eat too many meat dishes, we will waste them.

" Jingdu, and the dough he rolled out was round and thin. Shen Mo should have just learned, and the cakes just now have some edges and corners that are not round.

"Little Mo, there's a saying in my hometown that the one who makes the dough is the one who makes the round cake."

Shen Mo asked strangely, "Aren't they all headed by men?"

Zhou Jing shook his head and said, "We don't have such a saying there. Therefore, in order to compete for the right to be in charge, they all resorted to different tricks."

"Oh." Shen Mo seemed to agree calmly, but he was secretly stubborn, and had to roll the dough into a round shape.

Shen Mo rolled out a circle, and proudly showed it off to Zhou Jing.

Zhou Jing teased him deliberately, "Isn't your family in charge of our family all the time? Why are you holding your breath and trying to make a circle?" The

two were arguing when there was a knock on the door, Zhou Jing and Shen Mo looked at each other.

"Who will it be at this hour, and who will sign a contract with us to look for trouble?"

Zhou Jing shook his head.

"No, today many people in the village see our family's large and small parcels, and they should understand that our family's life has not fallen, and they still have to rely on our family to make money, so they won't be in a hurry to find themselves uncomfortable.

" Madam?"

"It can't be her, although I don't know what method Wang Ren used to get the ten taels of silver out of Wang's hands, but it has taught her a big lesson, and she should not dare to come together in a short time. ."

After thinking about it and not guessing who it was, Zhou Jing went out to answer the door.

"Master Zhou, are you at home?" A high-pitched female voice came from outside the door. This voice was very unfamiliar, not like people from the village.

Zhou Jing asked, "Who?" The

woman replied, "I'm here to announce the good news. Head of Zhou, please open the door." The

door opened, and a woman in a big red dress stood outside. She combed a bun at the back of her head, with two bright red and pink flowers inserted into the bun. Just because of this image, Zhou Jing somehow felt like a matchmaker.

The woman covered her mouth and giggled, "Head of Zhou, I'm a matchmaker from a neighboring village. When I arrive, it means that there is a happy event at your house, and I'm here to announce the good news to you." She

was really a matchmaker.

"Zhou Jing's family is so happy and stupid. Please invite me in, so I can elaborate." Li matchmaker said that she didn't need anyone to invite her, so she raised her feet and walked in familiarly.

"Wait!" Shen Mo said defensively, "Are you here to say kiss to Shen Lin?" Or to Zhou Jing?

Matchmaker Li lifted the veil and slammed it gently on Shen Mo's face.

"You little husband can drink vinegar, of course I'm going to give Shen Lin a kiss. You can inquire about the reputation of my matchmaker Li, which is very good. The reason why I have such a good reputation is because my matchmaker Li never Tell people that they are young, and don't do the immoral things that break up the marriage of the young couple."

Shen Mo said with a sigh of relief, "Please come in quickly." At this time, I realized that I was happy, and someone from his family Shen Lin also came to ask for marriage.

Shen Mo and the others just came back from the town. They were worried that they would not eat well in the morning and middle meals, so they came back regardless of the time and made dumplings directly.

But the people in the village are at leisure at this hour, gathering together to chat with nothing to do. This week's family just bought a mule cart and the freshness has not yet passed. Someone in Jing came to the door to say that they were kissing, and the object of the kiss was actually Shen Lin.

"I thought the matchmaker Li was here to say kisses to Zhou Jing. After all, the Zhou family is living a good life now, and they are looking at the prosperous day. No one in our village can eat meat every day, but Zhou Jing is doing pork trading. If you want to come and eat meat every three or five times, you can always eat meat. Just for it, there are many poor families who are willing to marry a girl."

Another said: "I thought it was for Zhou Jing, after all, Shen Mo has been married for three years. There was nothing to come out of, Zhou Jing always wanted to keep an incense stick, and Shen Mo, as a twin child, had never been raised well, not to mention whether or not he would have a child, but whether he could have a child or not. So Zhou Jing carried another room Of course, as long as you can raise it. I didn't expect it to be, but it's about Shen Lin. After all, it's the Zhou family that gets up, and everyone dares to ask for it."

Wang Ren came out for a walk, but he didn't see the matchmaker . When I went to Zhou's house, I happened to hear this and stopped immediately.

"What are you talking about, someone went to Zhou's house to propose a marriage, what about Shen Lin?" Wang Ren asked nervously.

The man nodded and said: "Yes, I'm here to say kiss to Shen Lin. You also think it's incredible, right? I think so too, everyone thought it was for Zhou Jing... Hey, Wang Ren, I haven't said anything yet. After all, what are you running for, the dog has driven you away, running so fast?"

Wang Renfei also ran towards the house as if the

matchmaker Li was invited into Zhou's house and walked all the way to the house, without being idle all the way.

"Oh, this big yard is not spoiled. Oh, this big house is really stylish, I caught up with the town. Oh, this house is really exquisite, the furniture is so beautiful, I haven't seen the style. Well, it's a lot of money, right?" Matchmaker Li was thinking secretly as she screamed, no wonder people who value incense like Mrs. Shen are willing to bow their heads and ask for a pair of children, it turns out that the Zhou family is so wealthy.

Zhou Jing led her directly into the living room, and the bright floor-to-ceiling windows almost blinded matchmaker Li's eyes. It's not that no one in the village has thought about this kind of design that makes the living room bright, but this kind of design is not feasible. It's good in summer, cool and bright, but in winter, how much firewood is needed to survive the winter. Originally, every family had the hardest time in winter, and they tried their best to keep warm, so no one was willing to build a house with such floor-to-ceiling windows.

Invite matchmaker Li to sit on the chair, and Shen Mo made matchmaker Li tea. Tea has an extraordinary status in the farmhouse, not only a symbol of the host's financial resources but also the importance of the guests. Usually, only distinguished guests will be served tea when they come to the door, and they will add a few cakes and snacks bought in the town.

Shen Mo felt that Shen Lin's marriage was the top priority, so matchmaker Li was considered an honored guest.

Matchmaker Li didn't expect to be able to drink tea this time, she was shocked, and at the same time realized again that the Zhou family was really rich now.

After taking a sip, she couldn't taste it, but she felt the fragrance was fragrant, and her mouth was full of freshness, and she stopped after eating three cakes in a row.

"Thank you, good tea." The matchmaker's eyes were sharp, and she saw something on Shen Mo's cuffs. It was white and looked like white noodles. But white noodles are expensive, and some people in the town can't afford it, let alone a country family. And as far as Li matchmaker knows, the Zhou family doesn't have land yet, and white noodles are so expensive, how could they be willing to buy them.

But she still had to stick to gold to speak, and she said, "This is white noodles at home, and your cuffs are glued."

Unexpectedly, Shen Mo lightly brushed the cuffs, as if talking about coarse grains: "I accidentally stuck it. I made dumplings with white noodles at home. Aunt Li will stay for a while to eat." The

matchmaker Li was stunned, and immediately asked, "Is the meat stuffed?

" kind."

Matchmaker Li was shocked and speechless. I didn't expect that the Zhou family would eat dumplings with white noodles during the New Year's Day and the festival, and it was still two kinds of meat. And looking at Shen Mo's meaning, it seems to be very common.

Matchmaker Li's family doesn't eat meat all the time. It's been several months since the last time I ate meat and fish, and I'm so greedy when I hear the meat. He hurriedly said, "I still eat these dumplings during the Chinese New Year, but Zhou Jing's family sincerely invited me, so I'm welcome."