Chapter 28 Pecked by ducks

On the second day, there will be customers who are attracted by the name. The business is busy from the morning market, and the crowd is less when the afternoon market is scattered. Zhou Jing took advantage of this time to buy pen, ink, paper and inkstone, and spent another ten cents to find a child outside the private school and asked for a few enlightenment readings, and marked them with modern words.

After I went back in the evening, I took the time to teach Shen Mo and Shen Lin the multiplication table. I knew that by heart, and it was like a god's help in reckoning.

In ten days, they can easily sell out 50 catties of sausages. This day, because the old man who brought his little grandson to buy sausages brought a few friends over, they sold 15 catties at once, so the sausages were sold out as soon as the lunch market broke up.

Early in the morning, Zhou Jing proposed to put the counter on a mule cart and send it to the inn together, so they could walk around.

Although Shen Lin has been selling things in the town for the past few days, except for the road that goes to the market, which is the road to Wu Butcher's butcher's shop, he has never been around at all. He is very happy to hear Zhou Jing's proposal.

Because the sales of sausages increased and the butcher shop also gave them cheap, they made a net profit of five or six taels in just ten days.

Shen Lin had his own wages, so Zhou Jing only gave Shen Mo a tael of silver. Although Shen Mo was collecting the money at home, Zhou Jing was always holding the money for selling sausages during the day. Shen Mo was afraid that he would be touched by others.

A few people walked around, mostly buying some food. In front of a cloth shop, Zhou Jing stopped.

"The clothes on our bodies are all patched and patched. In the past, it was okay to work in and out of the house, but now we have to sell goods outside. It doesn't look good in this way. Let's buy a few feet of fabric to make clothes!"

"Okay . "Shen Mo nodded.

The three entered the cloth shop, and the Shen brothers went straight to the cheapest rough cloth. Originally it was coarse cloth, and it was the cheapest kind. The quality was definitely not good, and the colors dyed on the cloth were very ugly and rustic. At this time, the dyeing technology is not mature, and the cheap, bright colors are simply unsightly.

The Shen brothers just wanted to choose a few feet of dark color, but Zhou Jing disagreed.

"When you're young, you wear dark colors all day and you're dead, and you don't have the energy. What's more, the younger brother doesn't have a husband, so it's better to wear the color of the spirit."

He pointed to a blue cloth and a light green cloth. : "You two look good in this kind of clothes." The

shopkeeper hurriedly said, "Be objective and have good eyesight, these two colors are the most popular among the two children this year, one foot of cloth and twelve characters."

"It's too expensive, bring it to me. Seven cents and one foot of cloth will do." Shen Lin said immediately.

"Listen to me, our house is not less than the price of a few cents a foot." Turning to the shopkeeper: "These two styles will give me twenty feet and one will make him two, and the sky blue one over there. Pull me ten and a half feet."

Zhou Jing also bought muslin cloth, which is a good material at this time, soft and delicate, and can only be worn by middle-class people in the town. Zhou Jing made a suit for the three of them in order to wear it for any occasion in the future, so as not to be blinded at the time. It's better to wear sackcloth for work, but the sackcloth they buy is the best woven among the sackcloths.

When paying the bill, Shen Lin wanted to spend money, but he didn't have enough copper at all, not even what he paid for himself. The cotton cloth Zhou Jing bought is a good material, and it is expensive! It can only give up.

Since the three Zhou family had to do business, neither of the two youngsters had time, so they had to entrust others to do the clothes.

Shen Mo said: "It's better to leave it to Aunt Shen, she's not too early to be the head of the family, she alone has brought up the children in the family, and the family has been living in a tight way, and it's only in the past few years that his son has grown up, so the family can eat enough food It's not easy either. Besides, Aunt Shen has a good character, and her stitches are dense, so she won't cheat or slip."

"Yes." Zhou Jing said, "You should make it clear to her that when we work and wear coarse cloth, we do bunts, and cotton cloth is reserved. To fill the scene, let's make a long shirt. As for the style, you have seen many rich young men wearing it in the town these days, you can draw a few good-looking ones and tell him how to do it."

"Okay." Shen Mo agreed, sending him When fabricating, he secretly left the two pieces of material that Zhou Jing used to make clothes.

Shen Lin said strangely: "Brother, what are you keeping them for?"

Shen Mo said embarrassedly: "As long as there is a husband in our village, there is no reason to wear other people's husband's clothes, I want him to wear me. Clothes made by yourself."

"But you have to follow the stall every day, how can you have time?"

Shen Mo said: "I sew fast, although long shirts are troublesome, but they are easy to make short, two pieces together will only take three days, and tomorrow I will make them. Find any reason to feel uncomfortable, and you can hide at home for a few days."

"Okay then."

When they arrived at Aunt Shen's house, Aunt Shen was at home by herself, and his son Wang Dali went to town to carry sacks, and he could earn money in one day. Thirty texts.

"Aunt Shen, we are here to trouble you to help us make some clothes for our family." Shen Mo said.

Although the Zhou family was surrounded by a high wall covered with spikes and iron pieces, the villagers could not see what they were doing inside. But the mule cart that left early and returned late and the contents of the cart still made people guess that Zhou Jing was doing business in the town.

Aunt Shen touched the fabric under her hands. Needless to say, the cotton fabric is soft. Such a good fabric is only seen in the town by young ladies who have spare money. broken.

And the rest of the coarse cloth was not the cheapest material she was wearing, it was a slightly more expensive material worn by a few wealthy households in the village.

It seemed that the Zhou family was doing business to make money, and thinking that his family had already lived in the few large brick houses in the village, Aunt Shen couldn't tell what she felt in her heart. In the past, Zhou's family was even poorer than his family. Now, even making clothes is willing to give it to the villagers.

"These two kinds of coarse fabrics will make a set of bunts for me and my younger brother. It's neat. We will wear them for work. I'll give you a set of twenty cents. For the remaining two kinds of cotton fabrics, make me two formal gowns. Wearing, the style is troublesome, I will give you the price of twenty-five cents a suit."

Four pieces of clothing are ninety cents, and her son carries two days' worth of sacks. Aunt Shen didn't have the time to savor the soreness in her heart, so she hurriedly agreed.

"It only takes five days to finish it. When the time comes, you can come and pick it up. Don't worry, the stitches are densely made by auntie for you."

Shen Mo said the style of the long gown, and the two returned to Zhou's house.

As soon as he reached the door, he saw a row of ducks walking past Zhou Jing's door. In the village, chickens and ducks are kept free in almost every household, and they can find their way home by themselves at night.

This is a very common thing, Shen Mo didn't care, he walked over normally and wanted to open the door and enter the hospital. But I don't know what happened, but the duck at the head seemed to be stimulated, flapping its wings and pecking at Shen Mo.

Shen Mo was unprepared, he was pecked right in the face, and screamed in pain. The cry was so miserable that Zhou Jing in the room could hear it clearly, put down the work in his hand and rushed out in a hurry.

As soon as the door was opened, they saw Shen Mo and Shen Lin kicking the duck that pecked people, but I don't know whether it was the duck's fighting strength, or whether Shen Mo and Shen Lin were afraid not to die, but jumped more and more happily. Looking at Zhou Jing's face, he dared to peck Shen Mo a few times.

Zhou Jing didn't care much when he went up, he confiscated a little strength, kicked the duck flying with one foot, and didn't move after landing on the ground.

"Ah, you kicked it to death. It was raised by the villagers. It's not good for people to know." Shen Mo worried.

"What time is it, you're still in the mood to take care of it!"

Zhou Jing stepped forward with one leg kneeling on the ground and the other squatting, lifted Shen Mo's pecked leg, and let him step on his knees On the leg on the ground, roll up the trouser leg to see what the injury is.

This made Shen Mo panic and forgot all the pain. It is said that a man has gold under his knees, and he kneels down on his knees to his parents. How can he kneel on him?

Shen Mo struggled to pull his leg back, but was pinched tightly by Zhou Jing.

Zhou Jing's brows were furrowed so tightly that he could kill a fly, and his voice was even deeper.

"Don't move."

Although the volume was low, the anger in the voice was clear.

Shen Mo didn't dare to move.

Several places on Shen Mo's legs had been pecked and bleeding, and Zhou Jing was a little worried. After all, this duck is looking for food all day long, and no one can say what it eats, whether it will cause infection or other diseases.

The more Zhou Jing thought about it, the more worried he became, and the stiffer his face became. Shen Mo is not only not afraid of the appearance of worrying about him wholeheartedly, on the contrary, his heart is warm. Look, this man is so worried that he doesn't even want the face he cares about most.

Shen Mo was overjoyed when he was suddenly carried by Zhou Jing. Zhou Jing carried Shen Mo into the yard in one breath, poured some new well water from the well to rinse the wound on Shen Mo's leg, rinsed several times, and carried Shen Mo into the house again.

Shen Lin kept following while doing this, making Shen Mo very embarrassed.

"I just got pecked on my leg a few times. When I was young, I was ignorant. When I was feeding, the ducks always pecked my hand. It'll be fine after a few days."

Zhou Jing gave Shen Mo a deep look, and turned away without saying a word. . Shen Mo thought it was over for him. Anyway, he was pecked and injured, and it was quite unpleasant that the husband didn't ask a question. But he didn't expect that before the discomfort in his heart dissipated, Zhong Langzhong was actually invited.

Zhong Langzhong looked at the injury on Shen Mo's leg, and his mustache was almost gone.

Annoyed, he gave two words, "It's okay!"

However, he looked at Shen Mo's face and gave him another pulse.

"Shen Wazi has been taking care of her very well these days, her body has recovered a lot, and she is not so weak."

In fact, Zhong Langzhong was surprised that he could recover so quickly. Although it is simple to eat supplements, which farmers are really willing to eat, so the fastest way is obviously the slowest way.

However, looking at the newly-built blue-brick and large-tiled house of the Zhou family, and the exquisite interior decoration, it is simply the extravagance of the old man in the town, so I let go of his family's food and drink.

Although he heard that Shen Mo was much better, Zhou Jing's expression was not necessarily relaxed, instead he asked, "Do you use medicine to make up for it?"

Zhong Langzhong said, "In the past, Shen Wazi was weak, and I didn't recommend him to take medicine, but now he can. I'll write a recipe for you. The medicinal materials in it are all expensive. I don't have them here. You can go to the town pharmacy to catch him, twice in the morning and in the evening, and drink it for half a month, you don't need to drink too much."

Zhong Langzhong of any family in the village dared not open this recipe, so he dared to give it to Zhou Jing. Seeing the Zhou family's splendid house and elegant furniture, Zhong Langzhong didn't think Zhou Jing would lose the dozens of taels of money for the homestead. If the Zhou family's house was not surrounded by high walls and could be freely explored and visited in the village, someone would have guessed the fact that the homestead was bought.

Zhou Jing took the prescription and put it

away, but he still asked worriedly, "Is there really no need to use medicine on Xiao Mo's legs? " Whose husband and wife have never been pecked when feeding chickens and ducks.

However, Zhong Langzhong still took out the anti-inflammatory ointment and gave it to Zhou Jing, "If you are really worried, apply this to him."

Zhou Jing seemed to be relieved. He applied the medicine to Shen Mo and asked Shen Lin to enter the room until Zhong Langzhong, who hasn't had water yet, pours out a bowl of sugar water.

Zhong Langzhong sighed while drinking the sugar water. Everyone in the village said that Zhou Jing was a jerk who didn't do serious business. To marry him would be to suffer and suffer. Unexpectedly, this Zhou Jing is a man who loves his husband to the heart, and his life without home is getting better and better. If the shallow-eyed people in the village knew about this, they might have to think about it again.

After applying the medicine, Zhou Jing got up to send Zhong Langzhong, and when he came back, he had a fat duck in his hand.