Chapter 20

However, even if Zhou Jing is good to Shen Mo, such a family is probably not strong enough for money.

Zhong Langzhong said with the doctor's benevolence: "Now your husband is weak, and he doesn't dare to give him a big tonic, for fear that he will not be supplemented. It's better to eat tonic first, his physique is better, and he is taking medicine for conditioning."

Instead of taking advantage of the situation, he gave the most reasonable advice at the moment, and Zhou Jing admired this kind of conduct. He thanked him politely, then pointed at Shen Lin and said, "He is also injured, let him have a look too!"

Zhong Langzhong was shocked again, the peasant family can stand up if they are sick, and the family man is reluctant to spend money to invite him. Now, the husband and wife are already married to the right man. But Zhou Jing was willing to spend this kind of money for his husband's younger brother, which the villagers regarded as a 'wasted money'. This Zhou Jing's conduct... Zhong Langzhong sighed that he had never done anything, so it's better not to follow suit. It is said that Zhou Jing is a bastard, but now it seems that there are more 'bastards' in the village.

Shen Lin's injury was not serious, and most of the sticks were blocked by Shen Mo, so Zhong Langzhong also prescribed some medicine for Shen Lin, and told him to apply it on time and it would take a few days to heal.

For such an order, it cost five hundred and eighty cents to pay the bill. Shen Lin watched Zhou Jing pay the bill with a little trepidation.

After sending Zhong Langzhong away, Zhou Jing hurried back.

"Shen Lin, you go out first, I'll give your brother medicine!"

Shen Lin said in confusion: "What can I avoid when you give my brother medicine?"

Zhou Jing snorted coldly: "You don't have a husband, does your brother have any ? , now that he is my husband, naturally only I can see him!"

Shen Lin: "..."

Shen Lin walked out angrily, Shen Mo said helplessly: "Why do you always tease him?"

Zhou Jing's face was serious, but he was serious: "I didn't tease him, I said it very seriously!"

Shen Mo: "..."

Although Shen Mo's body did not hurt the bones, it was deep, Zhou Jing gave him When I applied the medicine, my hands couldn't stop shaking. He didn't know in what mood he had given Shen Mo the medicine, and his clenched teeth seemed to hurt more than Shen Mo.

"Xiao Mo, I was useless and didn't protect you, but don't worry, it will never happen again. I swear, I will never let you hurt half of your hair again! I must avenge this revenge!"

Shen Mo said: "Brother Jing, it's not worth it. It's not worth it to catch up with you for my father. Don't do anything stupid. I was injured but my younger brother got out. I'll be fine if I hide from him in the future!"

Don't say it's father and son at this time In the dynasties of the son, there are a few parents who have been really unkind in later generations, and they will fight and kill them if they can mention it.

However, Zhou Jing is different from Shen Mo. After all, Father Shen is not Zhou Jing's biological father. He only assumes the identity of a husband-in-law. Shen Mo can't pay this debt, but it doesn't mean he can't pay it either.

Zhou Jing said coldly: "Xiao Mo, don't worry, although your husband didn't have the ability to protect you last time, it's just because the incident happened suddenly, it's not that he didn't really have the ability to protect you. Just wait, I have a way to teach him a lesson. Absolutely don't catch up with yourself!"

The craftsmen in the town who had agreed on the day before did not know what happened to the Zhou family, and they arrived as promised.

The Zhou family's small bed is not big enough for two people to sleep. They can only build a few small stools beside the bed. Both Shen Lin and Shen Mo were injured, so naturally it was impossible for them to sleep on the stool, only Zhou Jing could sleep. This night's sleep was tossing and turning, and it was very uncomfortable. In addition, there was something in the heart, and it was difficult to get confused in the second half of the night. I forgot that the craftsmen in the town came to build the house today, and it was not until the grass door was knocked that Zhou Jing panicked.

When Zhou Jing came out, it really was Cao Craftsman.

Zhou Jing apologized and said: "Yesterday, a big event happened at home, and I was very tired. I forgot to come here. Please forgive me."

Cao Craftsman also saw that Zhou Jing's face was really bad, and he was sure that a lot of things happened at home, and asked: " Then why is it still working today?"

"Yes, you can't call a few craftsmen to run in vain. What's more, you have seen the situation in my house. This thatched cottage is not sheltered from the wind or rain. When the summer comes, the rain will be heavy. I'm afraid that people will not be able to live there anymore." Zhou Jing said, turning sideways and letting people into the house. Shen Mo and Shen Lin greeted him and said a few words, even if they had met.

Cao Craftsman was relieved. What he and Zhou Jing talked about was not more money per day, but more money after the whole house was built. So one more day, the loss is them.

At the beginning, it was said that they would send eight people, Zhou Jing, and eight people. Zhou Jing's people were all relatives and friends here, and then they would completely obey their arrangements.

Craftsman Cao can understand this. Farmers usually build houses by themselves, and there are a few who are willing to hire people in the town.

It's just because Zhou Jing is going to build it too strangely. I'm afraid that there are no professional craftsmen and masters, and the peasant family can't figure it out on their own.

Cao Craftsman looked around and asked, "Is the owner's helper here yet?"

Zhou Jing replied: "Yesterday there was a big trouble at home, and we didn't come over today. So, let's do it first, Today, I will pay you a single bill, and it will not be included in the contract."

Cao Craftsman did not expect this owner to be so fair, and even if they work for a large family, they do a lot of free work.

Zhou Jing bought the land under the thatched hut where he lives now. To build a new house with good lighting here, the original thatched hut must be knocked down and rebuilt. In order not to have no place to live, a few people chose a place that would not be harmful to rebuild a small thatched hut and live there temporarily.

Zhou Jing didn't know how to build a house either, he just talked to the craftsman about his requirements, oversaw the work, and helped out. After working for a while, he realized that several craftsmen were not cheating people, so he went back to the house to see Shen Mo.

"Does your body still hurt? I'll give you some medicine in a while. What do you want to eat? How about making shredded pork porridge?" Zhou Jing sat beside the bed, flipped through Shen Mo's clothes, and asked softly. .

Without waiting for Shen Mo's reply, Shen Lin first clapped his hands and said, "Okay, okay!"

Zhou Jinggen seemed to be deaf, but still only stared at Shen Mo, waiting for his answer, Shen Mo looked at him two interestingly, and laughed lightly .

"Okay, let's eat lean meat porridge!"

Zhou Jingjing agreed, and after sternly driving Shen Lin out again, he applied the medicine to Shen Mo.

Zhou Jing cooked shredded pork porridge with polished rice for Shen Mo, and steamed a bowl of chicken cake. The three of them finished eating together, even if it was breakfast.

Zhou Jing's cooking skills are really good, and Shen Mo and Shen Lin eat very well. Especially after listening to Zhong Langzhong's words, Zhou Jing specially selected a lot of shredded pork in the porridge for Shen Mo, which made Shen Mo feel embarrassed, and his cheeks were flushed.

"By the way, little brother, you can go to the village and pick a few people with good character who can work and ask if they are willing to help our family build a house."

Shen Lin said strangely: "Didn't you invite people from the town? Why are you still hiring people in the village?"

Zhou Jing explained: "Since we want to live in this village in the future, we have to find a way to integrate into it. This is exactly a wedge. At this time, every household is not busy with farming, and the men in the family are idle, and they are willing to come out and earn some money. , we are helping them by using them, and they will thank us, even if we are involved in the relationship, in the future, if there is any big or small matter in this relationship, everyone who can help will help."

"Oh, this way . Ah!" Shen Lin was so focused on eating that he drank a bowl of porridge and didn't know if he didn't listen to Zhou Jing's words.

On the other hand, Shen Mo looked at Zhou Jing with admiration again. He knew that the house that Zhou Jing wanted to build couldn't be built by the villagers, so he could only hire it out. But for the two brothers to have a better life in the village, they came up with such a comprehensive solution.

Shen Mo looked at Zhou Jing admiringly and felt that he was doing things too well. There is no pride in any male being looked at by his mate with such eyes.

Zhou Jing looked like a male peacock with an open screen, holding his head up, complacent. It's a pity that the style has been pinched, and a chopstick has been inserted into the nostril.

"Haha..." Shen Linhao laughed out loud without giving face.

Zhou Jing felt that he would not be able to get off the stage, so he glared at Shen Lin fiercely, his ferocious eyes frightened Shen Lin to swallow the rest of the laughter. Glancing at the blushing husband, Zhou Jing pretended to cough.

"That... Xiao Mo, we are the ones who know the character of the people in the village best. You can see who has a good character and works well. The most important thing is that he knows how to find his family to work, and he can support us. Love, we'll be friends in the future."

Shen Mo said with a smile on his face, "Okay, I've thought of a few, and the wages are calculated as 30 yuan a day, which is usually given by everyone, how about that?"

" Okay? , but to make it clear, when you come, you will listen to the craftsmen in the town, you can do what they say, if you don't do it well, don't blame me for being rude."

"Well, I will bring it with you." Shen Lin replied.

After dinner, Zhou Jing wandered into the yard to see how the workers were doing, and Shen Lin followed the few houses that Zhou Jing said and went from house to house to ask. Shen Mo didn't have to worry about anything at home, he was only in charge of resting.

With Zhou Jing's reputation in the village, Shen Mo was afraid that some people would not come to work, so he said a few more, and specially instructed the order of the people who were asked, emphasizing that there was no need to force people who were unwilling to come.

Sure enough, a few families were unwilling, and Shen Lin did not persuade them according to Shen Mo's wishes, and continued to the next family. However, he said that he didn't feel anything about rejecting Zhou Jing's family at the time. Later, when the Zhou family got up, when they were next to each other, their intestines almost didn't regret it.

The most surprising thing was Wang Ren. He knew that Zhou Jing's family was short of manpower to build a house.

In this way, the Zhou family's house began to be built. Zhou Jing is not a stingy person, but he is not a big one either. The workers' meals consist of two meals, lunch and dinner.

The staple food is brown rice porridge and cornmeal steamed buns. Although it is not good, it is enough. As for the vegetables, although no meat is used for frying, they are all made with meat and oil from the fat fire, and the oil and water must be sufficient. Not to mention that the people in the village are satisfied with their food, even the workers in the town said that the food was what they got when they worked in a big family.

Zhou Jing is smooth in handling things, and the wages are pleasantly paid, all of which are settled on the same day. Within a few days, even the villagers who had some opinions on Zhou Jing had greatly improved Zhou Jing through a few days of getting along. There are even a few who have become brothers with Zhou Jing.

Gradually walking in the village, there will be a man husband and Zhou Jing, Shen Mo, and Shen Lin who work in the Zhou family, and three people will take the initiative to say hello.

At this time, the popularity has become somewhat more popular, and Zhou Jing feels that the time is ripe, and some accounts should be settled, and they can't be kept for the New Year.