Chapter 73 Wild boar

The Zhou family was cleaned very cleanly by Mrs. Ji, and there was no sign that no one had lived there for half a year. As soon as I entered the house, the heat was blowing on my face, and the whole house was warm. Zhou Jing and Shen Mo only had time to change into a slightly thinner gown before they started to get busy. Many people who didn't come back to the Zhou family on the 27th or 8th sent their servants over on the 29th and went to the Zhou family shop to find them. Only then did they know that Zhou Jing had returned to the countryside for the Chinese New Year, and the servants kept on going again. Arrive at Wangjia Village. It's okay to say, just ask Mrs. Ji to accept the gift in return. But there are still many Zhou Jing who can't be named, and the person who nodded, also sent the New Year's gift on this day, Zhou Jing can only compare the gift list, quickly draw up a copy, send someone out to buy it, be sure to hurry up. Twenty-nine returned.

Some are from Wangjia Village. They thanked the Zhou family for providing them with lucrative work, carrying a few baskets of eggs and some pickled vegetables at home, no matter how much, they are all desserts.

Zhou Jing confiscated all the things and did not see them, otherwise he would not be able to see them all after the year. Fortunately, the Zhou family's house did not build fence gates and low walls like the villagers, but built a high gate compound with high walls and high fortresses.

Shen Lin was pregnant, and Shen Mo planned to keep him at his house for the Chinese New Year, so as not to worry about housework and get tired of the fetus. But Shen Lin has become a relative after all, and is the husband of the Wang family. The old man and the old lady opened his mouth to tell him to go back to celebrate the New Year, and Shen Lin had to go. He came to Zhou's house on the 29th, intending to accompany Shen Mo on the last day of the first year, and return to his in-law's house in the evening.

This is the first time that the two brothers have not been together for the New Year. Both Shen Mo and Shen Lin feel uncomfortable, sour, and the circles of their eyes are red.

"This is your first year in your in-law's house, don't be tired, behave well, don't argue with the old man, and don't get suspicious with your sister-in-law. It's just a few days in total. Endure it and let it pass." Shen Mo was worried about Shen Lin, and persuaded him earnestly, saying a lot of words to make him take a step back to open up the sky, and it landed on his big belly in a blink of an eye, and became entangled again. "But, you can't bear it too much. You still have a child in your belly, so don't be mad. In this way, you can't work too much, don't stretch the child. If only you could live with me this year. , I have saved so much trouble, and my two women here can also serve you."

Wang Ren hurriedly said, "Don't worry, eldest brother, I will take good care of Xiaolin. The parents at home have ventilated in advance and will not instruct Xiaolin to do anything. , As for the two sisters-in-law, they don't live together very often. If I go back for a new year, I won't lose face. Besides, my two brothers are both working in our workshop. You can rest assured that they will not bully Xiaolin. "

In this way, Shen Mo sighed slightly.

A few people were talking in the room, and Mrs. Ji came in to report, "Master, there is a man outside pushing a cart and pulling a big wild boar to ask if we want it?"

"Wild boar?" Shen Mo asked, "Now all The mountain is closed, and the villagers can't enter the mountain, so where did they hunt the wild boar?"

Several people couldn't answer, Zhou Jing said, "I haven't eaten wild boar yet, so it's just right to buy a dumpling filled with wild boar for Chinese New Year. , I will bring some more to my mother-in-law's house for my younger brother. The rest that I can't eat will be frozen. Some of them are eaten during the first month of the year. Some of them are sausages made of wild boar. Some people also buy them at an increase of five cents per catty. It is a delicious food for New Year's gifts. "

In the future, wild boar is the key to protect animals. If you want to eat it, you need to feel if you have two heads.

When Shen Mo heard that Zhou Jing had never eaten wild boar, he immediately said he wanted to buy it. The two of them discussed excitedly, but did not notice Wang Ren's strange expression.

Relying on the mountain to eat the mountain, the back mountain behind Wangjia Village has supported an unknown number of people in a bad age. Many households in the village are too poor to eat meat, and they are so greedy that they will spontaneously organize a team to go to the deep mountains. Specially looking for wild boars, there must be strong men in the team who can do some punching. Sometimes, after three or five days of searching, they can really be hunted.

The average wild boar weighs more than 200 catties, and the fat ones can even weigh more than 200 catties. A man can be divided into 20 to 30 catties, and people in the village can eat 20 to 30 catties of pork in a year. But the pork will be sold to the villagers if no one is willing to eat it all at once in summer.

Therefore, most people in Wangjia Village have eaten wild pork, and Zhou Jing is more certain to have eaten it, because Wang Ren once saw him buy it.

Wang Ren leaned over, as if he was about to open his mouth to say something, when Shen Lin suddenly stretched out his hand and held his, and when Wang Ren looked at it, he silently shook his head. A lot of questions piled up in his throat, but he didn't ask them.

Waiting outside the door of Zhou's house was an unknown man. The man was not from Wangjia Village. He called himself He Xi and he was a hunter from a neighboring village.

His family fled the famine and came to Liuzhen to settle in the village a few years ago. Since they were outsiders, they could not buy a homestead or build a house when they first arrived, so they were assigned to a vacant lot far away from the village. For poor households like the He family, although being far from the village has great disadvantages, it also has advantages. For example, homesteads are cheaper than those in the village.

Fortunately, there were many men in the He family. At that time, the three boys in the family were already in their teens. All of them were strong and able to draw bows and arrows. There was also a wolf dog in the family, which was fierce and cunning, and could drive away some animals that came down the mountain. The days are also peaceful.

About this year, the harvest in the fields is not good, and the harvest may not be good in the mountains, and it will be winter. The wild boar had no food, and was so hungry that it went down the mountain to find food.

Those days happened to be the time of shopping for New Year's goods. Although the family was poor and couldn't buy much, Father He still let his sons take the family's mother-in-law and children to go shopping in the town. Well, it's New Year's Eve after all.

The three boys of the He family took their mother-in-law and children to the town, leaving Father He and Aunt He alone at home. Just in time to go down the mountain to find food to find his wild boar. Wild boars are wild, and when they go down the mountain, they can hurt people. Father He picks up hunting gear and fucks with wild boars.

How could an old man in his fifties be able to do a wild boar, especially to protect Aunt He, lest the wild boar see Soft Persimmon and bully Aunt He instead. Even though there was a big wolf dog helping him, Father He was still injured by a wild boar. He didn't know where the top was, and he spit out a mouthful of blood for Father He.

The blood of Father He stimulated the wolf dog at home. This wolf dog is very spiritual. Father He dug it out of the snow shell when it was a puppy and saved its life. Later, when I grew up, I followed Father He up the mountain to hunt, and he was very protective of the Lord. Seeing that the owner was injured, the wolf dog immediately rushed to fight with the wild boar like a mad dog.

The wolf dog was on point, biting on the back leg of the wild boar, two deep canine teeth pierced into the meat, no matter how hard the wild boar struggled and stomped to death, he would not let go. Lame it. Fortunately, the sons of the family just came back at this time, seeing the dazzling red on the white snow, and the daughters-in-law almost fainted from fright. The men slaughtered the wild boar and went to check on Father He. Although Father He vomited blood, fortunately he didn't hurt his internal organs, so there was nothing serious. But the wolf dog at home was seriously injured, and there were many bone-deep wounds on his body.

Father He is usually the owner of a penny who can't wait to break off an eight-petaled flower, but now he actually took out two taels of silver and asked his son to take the wolf dog to the town medical center for treatment. What kind of trauma medicine is used by people to reduce the dose of the wolf dog. There is also food, decoction is poured into the mouth every day. The wolf dog miraculously recovered.

"Master Zhou, Furang Zhou, it has only taken four or five days for this wild boar to eat. I guess your family may like to eat this novel game. I have asked several times, but you don't live here. I heard about you today. When you come back, push it over and ask."

Zhou Jing walked around the wild boar, the pig was a little thin because of hunger, but it was okay, it was still much bigger than the domestic pig.

"The fat and thin pigs in the town are 25 cents a pound, and the lean meat is 20 cents a pound. I will give you the whole pork as 25 cents a pound, regardless of fat and thinness. What do you think?"

He Xi never expected to be able to sell it at this price. Even if it was shipped to a restaurant in town, the price would be as high as twenty-two cents per pound. No wonder he got a wild boar. Others persuaded him not to rush to sell it. You can ask the Zhou family first, saying that Mr. Zhou is different from other merchants. He is a kind-hearted and benevolent master. "Thank you, Master Zhou." He Xi said gratefully, "No one in your family knows how to kill pigs

, or I will kill you before leaving."

"Then I will trouble you."

There are all kinds of knives in it. He Xi picked out two of them and dismembered the wild boar. The skin was peeled off, and the internal organs and bones were taken out and put aside. The Hexi of each piece of meat was classified into different categories, and the work was done very carefully.

Zhou Jing looked satisfied, and was happy to give the money, in addition to 30 cents more for slaughtering pigs.

Touching the silver in his hand, it was only a lot, He Xi finally believed what the villagers said, suppressed the reluctance in his eyes, and said cruelly: "Master Zhou, I don't see any beasts guarding your two workshops. There is nothing to report to the police, so do you think you need a few little wolf dogs?"

He Xi seemed to be afraid that Zhou Jing would not want them, so he quickly explained: "These little wolf dogs in my family are all the big dogs at home. Born, that big bitch is very powerful. She has been hunting with her family. This time she was able to hunt wild boars. She has contributed a lot, and she is loyal to the owner. The cubs she gave birth will definitely not be wrong when they grow up. "

It is indeed feasible to raise a few wolf dogs to guard the workshop, and if something is discovered, it can be reported to people as soon as possible.

"You hunters value hounds the most, why don't you raise them yourself, but sell them?"

He Xi grinned helplessly and said, "I originally planned to raise them at home, but our brothers trained one out of three, and the rest stayed at home to look after the home. But this time the wild boars went down the mountain and disturbed my family. My family suffered heavy losses. My father's doctor's money and the big wolf dog's doctor's money almost emptied most of the family. I'm afraid that I can't afford to raise so many mouths, so I plan to keep only one. It's sold. Of course, if you want to buy it, Mr. Zhou, you can choose it first, and I will keep the

one you don't want at home." "How much does it cost?"

"Dad means you want to keep it, so you can eat it. , if you have a nest for it, you don't need a lot of money." He Xi said in a hurry.

I really think about the dog.

"Okay, I want the dog. You can send it when you have time. I will stay in the country until the seventh day of the first year."