Chapter 47 Compensation shop

The two were talking loudly outside, making the aunt in the house noisy.

"If you have something to say, you have to stand outside and come in quickly." The

four people followed the aunt to the main room, and found that the aunt and the whole family were gathered in the main room, and they quickly gave up their seats when they saw Wang Ren and others coming in.

He was the youngest brother and sister-in-law who was sitting with him, and it was said that he didn't give up his seat. Now the sisters-in-law are smiling, with sincerity that they didn't have before. Wang Ren knew that this was something to ask him for.

It's not that the aunt's brother and sister-in-law treated him badly or something, but after all, the aunt's three sons, two of them married wives, and each gave birth to a child. With such a large family living together, the bedrooms are not enough and crowded.

Before he came to borrow, Cheng Yu's bedroom was crowded with two nephews. After he came, the two nephews returned to their parents' rooms in order to make room for him. The already crowded bedroom became even more cramped due to the return of a child, and he couldn't turn over at night. If this kind of situation lasts for a day or two, even if Wang Ren comes to visit, it can be solved, but knowing that Wang Ren is having a falling out with his family, he will not go back and may even live there, the two daughters-in-law will inevitably have some ideas.

It is also because of this floor that Wang Rencai and his aunt proposed that they would not live in vain. They gave Erwen house money every day. With money, the two daughters-in-law would naturally not be able to say anything. After all, it is difficult for peasants to make money, and they point to such land every year, and it is good to have a subsidy of a penny usually.

Knowing that they were begging him for something, Wang Ren was not polite and offered his seat to him.

"Xiaoren, is it true that the Zhou family is going to build a house again? His house is not a new one, it's quite big, why are there five rooms to be built again?" The aunt asked straight to the point.

"The Zhou family's business is getting bigger and bigger, and the few people in my family can't do it, so I plan to ask a few more people to help. But his main house is so exquisite and extravagant that it is not easy for workers to enter at will. If your hands and feet are not clean, if you see something good, you will steal it, or if you break something, what should you do? Will you pay? After a few months, why did people recognize such a valuable item for nothing. But if it was compensation, it would be a lot of money for everyone in the village. I am afraid it will take a long time to recover. So it is better to directly Build a few more houses to separate the two sides, anyway, the Zhou family is not short of the money to build a house." The

aunt was stunned.

"Zhou Jing doesn't know what's going on this time. The people in the village haven't reacted yet, and his house suddenly woke up. I think that Zhou Jing and Shen Mo didn't mention the five large brick houses, they were even his own homestead. Not at all. It is estimated that at that time someone told them that they would live like this in the future, and they themselves would not believe it."

"No." Auntie echoed. "I heard that his family pays a lot of money for employment, 30 cents a day, look, can you talk to the Zhou family, give your two cousins ​​a place, and let them earn some spare money, and the family is loose and relaxed. ." This is the second thing my aunt came here.

When the aunt saw that the aunt said it first, afraid of leaving herself behind, she followed: "My family is more difficult than your aunt's house. Look, your three cousins..." The

two cousins ​​followed their mother-in-law's words and looked at them eagerly. With Wang Ren. Fortunately, Wang Ren has been running for so long to sell, and he has seen a big scene, so he was not embarrassed by the fixed eyes of the two women.

Wang Ren said directly: "The men in the aunt and aunt's family are not lazy, they work easily, and if they want to work in the Zhou family, I can ask, but the Zhou family is not full of people, so I can't guarantee it."

"But Cousin Cheng Yu and cousin Youxin can never take over this job."

Aunt and Aunt said, "Why?"

"Don't forget, Cousin Cheng Yu and Cousin Youxin can now have the work of the Zhou family. The Zhou family is doing a big business in the food business, and basically they will be busy after noon. Cousin Cheng Yu and Cousin Youxin are at this time. I must go over and help with the work, so the work on the other side of the house will be let go, and it is impossible. But since we can only do one thing, we can't ask the owner to pay two money, it's me and the Zhou family. I have relatives, and I don't have such a big face." The

aunt and aunt immediately said: "We forgot about this, it would be more suitable for the two sides to do long-term work in the Zhou family." After

negotiating with Wang Ren, when I started working early the next day, He brought some cousins ​​from his aunt's house.

"Brother, my cousins ​​are all good at work. They won't cheat or cheat in their work. Let's see if they can stay and build a house for us." Wang Ren asked.

"Yes." Zhou Jing didn't care, as long as he was willing to work hard, it didn't matter whether he was Wang Ren's cousin or not.

A few men helped to move the sausages and ducks to the cart. Zhou Jing stood under the mule cart and instructed worriedly: "You and your little brother are the only two left in the stall, remember not to quarrel with others, you can mention Yang if you have anything to do. Catch the head, or simply close the stall and come back."

"Don't worry, it's not the first time it's sold." Shen Mo replied with a smile, sitting in the back of the mule cart.

"I always feel uneasy if I don't follow. In this way, Wang Ren, you will follow Shen Mo and younger brother to the shop to deliver the goods, and you will continue to sell the goods after delivery."

"Brother, don't worry, I will follow these shops. After delivery, I don't dare to delay your business." Wang Ren and Cheng Yu, two salesmen, jumped into the car, just about to pull the reins, when an old lady behind her carried a small cloth bag and ran upside down to catch up.

"Cousin Zhou, wait for me..."

Shen Mo turned back, it was the wife of Wang Gui, the owner of their mule car rental, Aunt Wang.

Wang Ren reined in the reins, and Shen Mo asked, "Aunt Wang, you are going to the town."

Aunt Wang ran over panting, standing under the mule cart for a long time.

After he calmed down, he said slowly: "My eldest sister lives in the town. Today is her 60th birthday. I'll go and wish her birthday."

Shen Mo smiled and said, "This is a happy event, congratulations to auntie, get in the car." After speaking, she helped Aunt Shen sit on the mule cart, and when everyone was seated, Wang Ren drove the mule cart away.

When approaching the town entrance, Shen Mo asked, "Aunt Wang, where does your eldest sister live?"

Aunt Wang said, "Chengxi Street."

Several people on the mule cart were not familiar with the town, but because Zhou Jing did The business came to the town a few times, and many streets were unknown.

Shen Mo then asked: "Aunt Wang, we are not familiar with the town, or you wait for us to finish delivering the goods to the store and then ask for a way to send you there. You can see if you can."

"Aiya, how can this work?" Aunt Wang said with dissatisfaction: "My eldest sister has such a 60th birthday, and it will be gone. In previous years, I was the one who sent me to the door early. This year, it was because you borrowed my mule cart and did not send me. I I'm still in a hurry to help my eldest sister Zhang Luo, so I won't rush when it's too late."

Aunt Wang said it as if Zhou Jiabai used his mule cart and didn't give him any money. Wang Ren is the youngest son of the Lizheng family, and his father is the biggest official in the village. No one has ever talked to him like this at this level, so he stared at Shen Lin for a while.

Shen Lin was indignant, and opened his mouth to argue, but was held back by Shen Mo's clothes.

"I don't know how far Aunt Wang's house is from here?"

"Not far, a few steps away." Aunt Wang was not very happy, because Shen Mo asked a few more questions and left without pulling her directly.

Shen Mo nodded to Wang Ren, "Anyway, it's not too far, let's take Aunt Wang first, and when we arrive at the place, we will go back to deliver the goods to the store. It won't take long to come here."

Wang Ren didn't say anything, and drove the mule cart along Aunt Wang . With uncompromising words to guide you all the way to find it.

It was said to be a few steps, but the mule carts have driven through several bustling streets and passed several small roads.

At this time, Wang Ren, an outsider, couldn't help but feel annoyed, and said in a heavy tone: "Aunt Wang, where is your eldest sister's house? We still have goods in the car. This is urgently to be delivered. The restaurants and shops in the town are waiting."

Aunt Wang Very impatient, as if he didn't want to talk to them, he turned his face away and pointed his finger.

"It's almost there, turn over there."

Wang Ren said angrily: "Which side? Make it clearer .

"

I don't know."

It's far from the bustling streets of town, and it's a suburb at best. The high and low houses are scattered on the Qianmo, and it looks no different from Wangjia Village, and it is completely impossible to see that it belongs to the town.

Aunt Wang jumped down in front of a fence, and after landing, she told Shen Mo, "Remember to come pick me up later in the evening.

" . Shen Mo was still calm.

"If Auntie wants to take our mule cart back, she has to get there before the end of noon."

Aunt Wang didn't care what Shen Mo said at all, she waved her hand as if chasing flies, and muttered, 'You use my mule cart, and you are still How dare you leave me behind'.

Pushing open the fence door, the chickens and ducks in the door clucked and rushed towards her, and the big black dog in the yard also barked a few times, indicating that the host had guests.

Aunt Wang's eldest sister is a rickety old woman, because of her birthday, she is wearing a bright red skirt and a pair of old and patched shoes on her feet.

Seeing Auntie Wang smiling, she cracked her mouth that was missing a few teeth.

"Why did you come here so early today?"

Aunt Wang pursed her lips and turned the direction of the mule cart.

"A small gangster in the former village recently did some business and borrowed my mule cart as a messenger to come to the town to deliver goods. He took me here by the way.

" There were piles of baskets full of bags, and I didn't know what was in them, and a few men were sitting around them.

"Those baskets in the car are full of goods, and they're all going to the shops in town? How much money do they make. I wonder what they're doing?"

"The sausage and duck business."

" Ah! Is it that Zhou Ji, who has been very popular in the town recently. There are many restaurants selling food in his family, and several of them are among the best in the town."

Although the villagers, including Aunt Wang, knew that the Zhou family was there Business in the town is very popular, but I always thought that it was just a small business, and it only made more money than other people selling vegetables. At best, it's only one or two taels of silver a month, so I am envious of many people in the village, thinking that the Zhou family has made it.

Aunt Wang naturally thinks so too. Now hearing her eldest sister say this, she can't believe it, and she seems to tsk tsk twice.

Her eldest sister said: "There are so many goods waiting to be delivered to the shop, why did they send you to my house first, they are not in a hurry?"

Aunt Wang was so proud, her proud neck was lifted up.

"What else can I do in a hurry? They have to send me first, but they have to rent my mule cart. If it makes me unhappy, I'm afraid that my boss won't rent the mule cart to them. If there is no mule cart to transport goods, don't care. His family has to stop all the rich business for me."

Aunt Wang's eldest sister originally wanted to persuade Aunt Wang, but when she thought that although her family lived in a town, her life was not as good as that of Aunt Wang who lived in the countryside. , I think it should be that people have their own way of life, and they swallowed the rest without her teaching.

Shen Mo returned from Aunt Wang's house to the town, and then rushed to the shop, which was an hour later than usual. This time, no matter whether the morning market or breakfast is over, many guests who came for breakfast ordered sausages and ducks but didn't have them. He was a little unhappy, and complained to the shopkeeper a few words.

The shopkeeper was very unhappy next to complaining and suffering losses.

"What's the matter with you guys? Is it because the boss didn't follow me and didn't work hard? It's so long later than usual. I've already had breakfast. How much money will it cost me?"

Wang Ren and Cheng Yu gave Nodding and bowing to apologize, the shopkeeper refused to buy it.

Going on like this is not a solution. There are still many families who have not given it away, which has delayed other people's business, and everyone has to show this face.

In the absence of Zhou Jing, Shen Mo is the owner, and he can only preside over the overall situation. Fortunately, although Shen Mo was born in a farm family, he has not much vision, but at least it is not superficial.

"I'm very sorry, today's incident was an accident, and I promise it will never happen again in the future. Of course, I also understand that doing business is the most worthless thing, and it can't bring any benefits. You can see if it works, after all, I'm just delaying you. At breakfast time, I can still catch up with lunch and dinner, so I'll give you the cost, sixteen cents a pound."

"Brother, you forgot what brother-in-law said. You are not afraid to go back to brother-in-law to get angry. He clearly understood Bai Li's rules at the beginning."

Cheng Yu also said: "Yes, the owner has just finished talking, and you will cut the price without authorization. Isn't this a slap in the face of the owner."

Shen Mo said: "No, what you said is wrong. The current situation is different from your salesperson's private price reduction. I represent the attitude of the entire Zhouji, and this is not a price reduction, it is a We must compensate for the loss, we can't just cause the loss to the shop for nothing, and let them bear it themselves, we must have an attitude." The

shopkeeper said: "You are Zhou Jing's husband, not like other husbands. I can't support the big event, it's okay, I don't care about anything else. It's just that I have to be on time next time, otherwise I will terminate the contract with you. "

Shen Mo promised to make another promise before he quit. .

"Master husband, what do you think, is it possible that you are going to cut prices for all the shops today, so you are not afraid to go back to the owner and blame you." Cheng Yu said.

"Brother Jing won't, if he were here, he would have done the same. Well, don't persuade me any more, just do as I say, if there is anything I will do, Brother Jing will definitely not blame you. "

Others didn't persuade them either, and every time they walked into a shop, the shopkeeper didn't need to speak up, but first raised the price for today, which was considered compensation for missing the hour. After that, there were repeated apologies, promising that there would be no next time.

Although there is still dissatisfaction, they know that this is the biggest compensation that Zhou Ji can give. No matter how sausages and ducks are, they are meat, and the cost is obvious. Fat meat is 20 cents a pound, lean meat is fifteen cents a pound. To make sausages, fat and thinness must be mixed, and there is labor. money. Now Shen Mo gave the price of 16 wen, and the shopkeepers also knew that it was basically the capital, and if they didn't earn it, it was equivalent to giving them a day's work for nothing. It means forget it, I feel that Zhou Ji is a trustworthy person, and I don't need them to speak, I know that I will pay for the loss, and I think there will be no such mistakes in the wrong time.

Delaying an hour and missing a morning market is a lot of delay in doing business, and going back is nearly two hours later than usual.

Zhou Jing was anxiously waiting at home, only to see the mule cart driving into the village far away, and hurried over to see Shen Mo sitting on the mule cart intact before he was relieved.

"Why is it so late today?"

"It's not because of Aunt Wang." Shen Lin couldn't hold back his breath, and he said it as if he was pouring beans, expressing the breath he had been holding for a day. "Because of her trouble, we were late to the town for delivery, we missed the breakfast time, and the shopkeeper was unhappy, forcing my eldest brother to speak up, but the eldest brother was helpless, afraid of losing his trust, so he had to lower the price. Compensation. Brother, don't blame eldest brother for this matter, he is also doing business for good."

Zhou Jing frowned more and more the more he listened.

But he said to Shen Mo: "Xiao Mo, you did the right thing in this matter. We are the most trustworthy in our business. I can't lose anything about this. Not only do I not blame you for this, I also want to thank you. If you didn't do this at the time I'm so lucky to have a good husband like you."

Zhou Jing often said this kind of love story, never depending on the occasion and place, at first Shen Mo was so ashamed that he wanted to find a place Drill into the seam. After a long time, I tasted and heard it, but I didn't feel anything.

He could even answer normally: "Brother Jing, what Aunt Wang did is inauthentic, and I sighed in my heart. We use her mule cart, but it's rented, paid for, not free. , it's a matter of two yards."

"If something happened to her like this, it seems that our family rented her mule cart not to take care of her family's business, but her family to take care of our family, then the mule cart can't be borrowed."

Zhou Jing looked bad, "Not only that, don't renew the contract with her family when the business that should be stopped expires."

"Okay, I will send the mule cart and settle the accounts of the previous days together, and I will not use his mule from tomorrow. car."

"I don't need his mule cart. Who do we use? The few families in the village who have mule carts have had a holiday with our family before they didn't rent them. Otherwise, it might not be hers." Shen Lin asked.

"No one needs it, I plan to buy one for our own." Shen Mo manages the money, he knows better than anyone what the family is now. Therefore, the tone is light, as if spending ten or twenty cents to buy some food. Shen Lin turned to think that he already had twenty or thirty taels of silver in his pocket, and this was only one-third of the profit, so Zhou Jing and Shen Mo, who accounted for the bulk of the money, estimated that there were 100 taels of spare money in his hand to say less.