Chapter 39 Going to the restaurant to sell food

Not long after Wang Fa left, Wang Ren came. He came in a hurry and did not enter the room, but stood at the door and spoke to Shen Lin.

He took out a few pieces of broken silver and a few strings of red stringed copper plates from his pocket and handed them to Shen Lin.

"I know that your family's business has also been affected and lost a lot of money on rainy days. This is the last time Aunt Wang came to your house to make trouble. My father promised to award the compensation money to your family. The total is 12 taels. You can count it." Wang Ren carefully Looking at Shen Lin's face, he wanted to see from his face whether he was doing well these days, and whether Zhou Jing had slapped him because of bad business.

"I know that several families have come to ask Zhou Jing to pay the duck money. With this money, your family should be able to turn around."

Shen Lin was very complicated for a while while holding the money. Humanity is cold and warm, and the impermanence of accidents is not the first day I know it. Humanity is the icing on the cake, but few people help.

Shen Lin held the silver in silence for a moment, and then said in a low voice, "Thank you, it's not easy to get this money, Mrs. Wang regards money as her life, and at this time, everyone is worried. The crops in the field, even if they have money, would like to break them into two halves, such a large sum, without your trouble, Mrs. Wang will definitely not spit it out so easily."

Wang Ren blushed. To get this money, he really used disgraceful means, and even used his father's power to oppress people for the first time in his life. However, he didn't intend to let Shen Lin know about these things, so as not to damage his image in his heart.

"Well, don't worry about it, and give your brother-in-law the money quickly." Wang Ren said, "As for your brother-in-law, if he asked Aunt Wang whether the ten boards were beaten, he would say that the money was suddenly needed, in order to be able to pay for it. , the board can only be avoided."

Shen Lin rubbed the silver in his hand, thinking a lot in an instant. He solemnly thanked him again and said, "Wang Ren, wait a minute, I'll go into the house and get you some sausages to take back, and you can take them home and give them to your family to taste."

Shen Lin went back to the house and talked briefly to Zhou Jing and Shen Mo.

Shen Mo said: "This Wang Ren has a heart, but I haven't seen it at ordinary times. I didn't expect to be a reliable person at the critical moment.

Zhou Jing smiled meaningfully.

"He naturally has his heart on this matter. Now it's our family's business, and in the future It might become its own business. As for Mrs. Wang, it is the best result to be able to pay 10 taels of silver now. As long as she stops being a demon, it will be fine. Otherwise, we will settle the new and old accounts with him together.

Although Shen Lin didn't speak any further, the tips of his slightly red ears still revealed that he understood.

Shen Mo said: "Little brother, you picked Wang Ren to carry ten kilograms for Wang Ren, as a thank you for his help."

Shen Lin promised to go out with ten kilograms of sausage.

Wang Ren waved his hands again and again, "It's unacceptable, sausages are very expensive, I heard someone say that if your family buys it in the town, it costs twenty-five cents a pound, which is more expensive than fatty meat, so you can give me that much at once. I can't have it."

Shen Lin said: "Go ahead and take it, now this thing can't be sold, and you can't eat the next meal at home, why don't you bring it back to Uncle Lizheng and Uncle Li to try it out. Just thank them for helping my family get ten taels of silver from Mrs. Wang, no matter what, it's better than throwing it away."

Wang Ren accepted it.

This rain continued for ten days before it stopped. On the day when the rain stopped, the villagers did not care about the muddy ground, and waded into the field wearing high boots. Seeing the seedling fields swept up and down by the rain, and the seedlings that rushed out of the roots and died, there were several people who were very difficult to live and fainted from crying.

God ruining things like this can tell them how to spend this winter, they have just passed a few good years, and their life has improved a little, but in a blink of an eye, they will be beaten back to their original shape.

Even though the Zhou family had no land, they knew the difficulties of the people in the village. Shen Mo sighed and said helplessly, "I'm afraid most people in the village will have a hard time this winter.

" "The

rain stopped, and the Zhou family's stall could go out. There was no pork for sausages at home, so Zhou Jing and Shen Mo drove the mule cart out to buy it.

The road leading from the village to the town is still a dirt road. The officials have not repaired it. It is very difficult to walk after it rains. However, in order to sell sausages earlier and make up for the loss during this period, Zhou Jing and Shen Mo couldn't wait for the road to dry, so they could only drive carefully.

No matter how careful he was, the mule cart was still stuck in the mud a few times, and Zhou Jing pushed Shen Mo in the back to drive the mule hard to get it out. When he got to Butcher Wu, Zhou Jing was all muddy and embarrassed, but Shen Mo, on the contrary, was still clean and fresh.

Butcher Wu said: "I haven't seen you for a long time. How are you doing, Brother Zhou?"

Zhou Jing smiled bitterly and said, "This heavy rain has ruined a lot of sausages, and I lost all my inventory."

Butcher Wu felt the same way. Said: "Don't talk about you, even if I have a shop in the town, I have lost a lot of business. But brother Zhou, you can still turn around. If there is any inconvenience in money, I may not be able to help you, but here I am. You can owe the pork first, or give me the money after you sell the sausage."

Zhou Jing smiled: "The younger brother has thanked the elder brother first, and the younger brother has some money in his hand, so the turnover is enough."

Butcher Wu nodded . Stop talking nonsense and ask, "Is it still the old rules?"

Zhou Jing shook his head and said, "No, this time you give me a lot more, I want a hundred pounds of meat."

Butcher Wu was surprised, and then thought that Zhou Jing might have lost money and was eager to make money. He was a little anxious, and persuaded: "Your stall sells 50 catties of sausages.

"It's okay, I have other concerns in my mind."

Zhou Jing replied simply, but Butcher Wu couldn't persuade him any further, so he cut the meat for him.

On the way back, Shen Mo asked Zhou Jing, "Brother Jing, let's buy so much meat, what if we can't sell the sausages that we make in one day? It's so hot, the sausages can't be kept, and they'll go stale the next day."

Zhou Jing said, "We not only We need to add more sausages and more duck goods."

"Huh?"

Zhou Jing explained: "It was the heavy rain in the past few days that inspired me. Our family's business is too dependent on the weather. If the weather is good, business can be done. It's easy to say. Once it rains on a cloudy day, we won't be able to get out of the stall, and the family won't have a penny in the account. So I thought, we can't just rely on the business on the stall, but also think of other ways, even if it rains on a cloudy day, we We can still sell the things we have at home, so we won't cut off the income."

"How can we make money without leaving the stall?"

Zhou Jing smiled mysteriously, blinking his eyes, "We can go to the restaurant in the town. It's not about the size of the store, how much the restaurant orders, as long as they want it, we will take the order, and the accumulation will add up. As long as there are seven or eight restaurants in the town who are willing to ask for our sausages and ducks, our daily sales can catch up with our sales. One day's stall."

Shen Mo's eyes lit up when he heard it, why didn't he think of this method long ago, and people still have to force it.

Because the sales of duck goods also increased, Wang sent not enough, and received ducks from several other households in the village. The few households that were receiving the ducks were still frowning and worried, but they never thought that the Zhou family would take the initiative to come to the door to collect all their ducks. But to recover a little loss is a little loss.

Three days later, Zhou Jing's booth officially came out. This rain has had a great impact on the land-owning households. For the people in the landless town, it was just a few cents more in the money for vegetables, and other bigger impacts would not be reflected until the autumn harvest in the future.

Not long after the expenses of their stalls came, several old customers came to them.

"It's raining these few days, and your family doesn't set up a stall. This sausage makes my little son greedy, and he wants to eat it every day. I can't help it. I bought Yunji for him in the rain, but Yunji is the original flavor. Yes, there is no spicy taste, and the children in the family don't want to eat it." The woman said, "As soon as the rain stopped that day, I went out to look for your stall, but I didn't expect your home to be out, and the children would have a good time when I went back. Today, I came out to buy groceries by accident, but I bumped into it. Hurry up and give me a pound and go back to relieve my child's hunger. If my youngest son knew that I bought him your sausage, he might be very happy. "

Shen Mo gave We weighed a pound, thought about it, and added two duck heads.

"Eldest sister, you are a regular customer of our family. I will add two duck heads to you to try it out. It's an apology for your child. I told him to eat sausages from my family for many days."

Although the two duck heads are not many, but Things happened to make people feel comfortable.

The woman was delighted, smiled and said to Zhou Jing: "You are a young man who is good-looking and can do business. You are very lucky."

Zhou Jing smiled and said, "I am really lucky to be able to marry him."

Shen Mo blushed when he was told, the woman covered her mouth and laughed, but Shen Lin looked at his eldest brother and then looked at Zhou Jing suddenly.

The business of the stall was still affected, and it was not as good as before.

Zhou Jing took out another basket containing sausages and duck goods and carried it on his back according to what he had negotiated in advance.

"You two look at the stall first, don't worry if you can't sell it, there were originally few people buying in the morning market, and the big customers have to wait until noon. I will go to the town shop to sell, you can eat at noon first, don't wait for me, In any case, be sure to come back before closing the stall at night."

"Okay, you can go, we know."

Zhou Jing went to the bustling street with the basket behind his back, regardless of the size of the restaurant or the decoration of the shop, anyway, as long as he is in the food business Just don't let it go.

"The shopkeeper, I have some sausages and ducks here. They taste very good. They are side dishes for drinking. Look, do you want to keep some for sale in the shop?"

The shop is not big, the size of four or five tables in the room. , is mainly engaged in breakfast, the same small profit. Hearing that Zhou Jing was a salesman, he refused directly without looking at the product.

Zhou Jing was not annoyed and said with a smile: "If the shopkeeper needs to go to the market in the future to find me, my family will set up a stall there."

Zhou Jing originally thought that it would not be easy to sell to the town, so the family hit a wall and Don't feel discouraged.

After walking a few houses, I came to a big restaurant called Kelaiju. The business of such a big restaurant is very good, and the flow of customers is large. If it can be done, it will make more money than the five small restaurants. However, the chefs of this kind of restaurant are all very skilled, and it is unlikely that they will eat their food.

But despite this, Zhou Jing decided to give it a try.

"Second brother, the shopkeeper is here. I have some sausages and duck goods here. There are two flavors, spicy and original. They are both good dishes for drinking. You can leave some to try."

Because it was morning, even in such a large restaurant, there were only four or five tables of guests for breakfast. Little Er leaned on the counter listlessly, and when he heard that Zhou Jing was here to sell, he waved his hand impatiently, as if chasing away flies.

"No, all the chefs in our restaurant came back from the capital, and they can't make anything better than a countryman like you. I don't know what you think. They even sell food to the restaurant."