Truth Hurts

Elena took a moment to process before she asked "Why did Mikael start hunting Klaus and Kol?" Elena asked.

" When Nik and Kol made their first human kill, it triggered their werewolves gene. With that, they became my father's greatest shame." Rebekah answered.

"Yeah. Elijah told me this part of the story. Your mother had had an affair with one of the werewolf villagers. Klaus and Kol weren't his sons." Elena spoke.

"She tried to make it right. She put the hybrid curse on Nik and Kol to suppress their werewolves sides, and then she turned her back on them. But Mikael's greatest weakness as a human was his pride. As a vampire, that was magnified. He went on a rampage and killed half the village. Then he came home and killed her." Rebekah spoke up.

"Mikael killed your mother?" Nico asked, whispering.

" He said she broke his heart so he would break hers. He tore it from her chest as Nik and Kol watched. Afterwards, my father took off in a rage, and the rest of my family scattered. Nik and Kol stayed, so they could help me bury her. They knew I had to say goodbye to my mother. Then Elijah, Klaus, Kol and I, we made a vow. To stick together as one. Always and forever." Rebekah explained.

Kiara smiled at it, knowing how much it meant to her. It signified family. Kiara respected the Mikaelson siblings and their vow of loyalty to each other. After all, it was her fatal flaw.

"Always and forever." Elena repeated the phrase and spoke in a judgy way to the Original "Even though he locked you in a coffin for ninety years?"

"They're still family."Kiara pointed out.

Rebekah said, nodding at her words "We're vampires. Our emotions are heightened. I'm stubborn, Elijah moral, Kol is the mischief one, and Nik...Nik has no tolerance for those who disappoint him. Over a thousand years as a family we've all made that mistake at least once. I've made it several times."

"But you still love him?" Elena asked.

"He's her brother., Elena."Kiara stated.

"And I'm immortal. Should I spend an eternity alone instead? You've heard the story, it's time for us to go. I'm leaving, Elena! I don't know what you're up to, but I'm no longer playing along." Rebekah snapped at Elena.

"I'm just looking for one good reason why we shouldn't wake Mikael." Elena remarked.

"And she has given you a thousand! How could possibly say that, Elena?"Nico said furiously.

They ran toward the door, to leave.

"But you'll do it anyway, right Elena? Because that's what you do, anything to save your own skin, doesn't matter the consequences!" Kiara exclaimed.

"It's no secret that I want Klaus dead. He has a hold over Stefan's life, and over mine."Elena replied.

"Do what you need. Wake Mikael at your own peril. But make no mistake, if you come after my brother, I will rip you apart. And I get my temper from my father." Rebekah threatened the doppelgänger.

" Rebekah threatened the doppelgänger