Before Sunset Part One

The next day, a the school, Rebekah and Kiara were cleaning up the mess from the dance. She was still pretty upset that she wasn't able to go to the dance.

Kiara was wearing a top with a leather jacket, a jean and some boots.

"Where's Matt? He was supposed to help." Caroline questioned, walking in.

"He bailed. Got called into work at the last minute." Rebekah answered.

"Are you kidding me? So, it's just us?" Caroline groaned as she walked farther into the gym.

"Yes, and you're late. Clean up committee started at eight o'clock." Rebekah said.

" It's like 8:02." Caroline replied, confused.

"Exactly. I managed to turn up on time and I didn't even get to attend the dance that I organized." Rebekah says as she walked past her dumping trash into the big can.

" I'm sorry about your mom. I mean I know you like, hated her and everything, but still...I'm sorry." Caroline told her.

Rebekah looked slightly surprised before returning to dumping trash.

"I'm sorry about your teacher. He seemed like a nice guy." Rebekah said.

"Yeah. He was." Caroline responded.

"I'm gonna get started on the gym." Rebekah told them before walking out into the hallway. Alaric comes around the corner and Rebekah stopped dead in her tracks.

"You're supposed to be dead." Rebekah told him.

"I am!" Alaric says.

Rebekah rushed at Alaric, but Alaric throws her against the locker. He was about to stab her with the white oak stake when Caroline and Kiara rushed out of the cafeteria and pinned Alaric to the locker. Rebekah, Kiara and Caroline shoved the stake into his heart.

The girls looked at each other as Alaric takes the stake out. When he finally gets it out, he realizes that they are gone.

Outside, Caroline rushed toward her car with Kiara and Caroline pulled out her car keys and fumbled with them. Caroline saw Alaric's reflection in the car window and she dropped her keys. Alaric snapped Caroline's neck and she falls to the ground before hitting so hard Kiara on the face that she fall to the ground unconscious. Alaric dragged the unconscious Caroline and Rhea back towards the school as his flesh started to smoke and burn off. Rebekah watched him enter the school.

Later on, Alaric was sitting at his desk, two empousai standing beside him, with Caroline staked down to the chair while Kiara was chained with celestial bronze chains.

He hears Elena enter the school and murmured "Right on time."

Kiara who was unconscious but all bruised and stabbed up was breathing heavily. Caroline who was besides Kiara was heavily crying.