Talking About Esther

After the atypical Mikaelson reunion, Klaus grabbed Kiara's hand and led her out of the back door of the house. He used his vampire speed to bring them to the woods.

The hybrid girl didn't want his family listening to the conversation and Kol already left to give Annabeth a ride home while Nico shadow travelled away.

"What do you think about it?" Klaus asked Kiara. His voice was a bit quiet, from the stress of seeing his mother again.

"About your mom?" The hybrid girl spoke.

The original nodded.

"How do you feel about what she said?"Kiara says.

"I don't feel like I can trust her. After all, me and Kol did kill her." Klaus admitted.

"Yeah. I didn't get the impression she was telling the truth. And I'm pretty sure Nic and Annie felt the same way."Kiara told him, nodding.

"I value your thoughts and opinions, love. You don't have to hold back. You're my mate." Klaus told her.

"It's still your mother."Kiara stated.

The hybrid grabbed her hand. Suddenly, Kiara was aware of how close they were standing. He looked deep into her eyes and whispered "Tell me."

"I just have this really strong feeling that she wants to hurt you. It was like all of my instincts were screaming danger and I just can't shake my head of it. And what she said to us." Kiara says.

The original nodded. He moved their intertwined hands up and gently kissed the back of her hand.

It was silent for a few moments, although it wasn't awkward. The only sounds that could be heard was the occasional movement of squirrels or the sounds of tree branches blowing in the soft breeze.

Klaus kept his gaze on the ground as he says "My siblings hate me."

"Not all of them. Kol and Rebekah don't hate you. Elijah and Finn, well, maybe, they just need time." Kiara told him as she copied his previous action, and raised their intertwined hands to her lips. She softly kissed the back of his hand.

He looked back up into her eyes. She felt like a lifeline, a breath of fresh air. It was like the rest of the world faded away when he looked into her eyes. The hybrid girl drew him in, the shades of mischief that seemed to appear in her irises brought him a sense of peace.

Gazing into her eyes made him forget about his problems, even if only briefly. She was like a drug. And he couldn't help but get addicted.

"It'll be okay." The comforting words left her lips like a warm hug.

And the hybrid found himself believing her.

Because as long as he had her, these words would be true.

"I should probably go. "Kiara says.

"Let me give you a quick ride home. " Klaus told her.

They get out of the Mikaelson mansion.

Kiara and Klaus get into Klaus car as Klaus drove to the Levesque mansion. When they arrived, Kiara says goodbye to Klaus, kissing his cheek before getting inside her home. Klaus get inside his car and drove away after that.

At the hospital, it was nighttime. Matt was standing in a hallway and Elena walked up to him.

"How's Mr. Saltzman?" Matt asked.

"Resigned to spending the night in observation, so long as I promise to change the lock on the house. So I talked to Bonnie earlier. She and her mom are fine. Have you talked to Caroline?" Elena answered as they walked toward the exit.