F O U R T E E N

D A V E

The baby shower was going great but I have to leave early

The baby shower was going great but I have to leave early. I need to check on my condo and see how the door is. Keegan did said that he bust it open. 

"You ready"my cousin mark ask.

"Yeah"I said then hop in his car. We took off from the baby shower to Manhattan. The lights shine down on me as I look out the window.

"Aya man"Mark tap me. I look to his side seeing the cops, fire trucks, and a corner there.

"What the fuck man?"I got out the car going to the front.

"Excuse me sir, ima need you to back up"the nypd police officer said. I rolled my eyes backing up. Then they brought another body out.

"Yo, who the fuck is that?"Mark ask. I walk away from the door entrance going to the garage part. I went to the elevator pressing 23 button. 

Me and Mark walk in the elevator looking everywhere."I really want to know what happened. Keegan said some man bust in the condo earlier"

"Damn man. Was he looking for you?"Mark ask.

"Yeah he was looking for me"I said.

"Probably your old manager. Nigga was setting houses on fire and apartments"Mark said.

We finally made it to my floor. It was alright. Nothing happened. I walk to my door and seen my door broken up. Someone can come in here and break it.

"Fuck man"I sigh. "Call blue and tell him come fix my door. Ima pay him after"

"Alright"Mark took out his phone and started dialing. I walk inside my condo looking around. It was still the same. Nothing missing.  "Blue said he on his way"

"Text him to come in the garage entrance. Some shit done happened"

"Dave?"I heard a female voice behind me. I turn around and seen Penni staring at the door. "What happened?"

"Break in, trying to hurt my girl earlier"I said.

"Okay, well did you heard about the nypd chief getting killed by some man on the 13th floor"Penni said.

"No"I shook my head.

"Yeah, killed his wife and kids"

"Damn man, you definitely have to protect your family and with a baby on the way"Mark said.

"Ima handel it"