F O R T Y

D A V E

Feeling the plane touchdown in my city made me happy as fuck. I have to see where Kairi at. Fuck Anna. She can stay with whoever.

"Welcome to New York everybody, today will be a slight chance of rain. Temperature is 76º....."as the captain spoke on the intercom, I look out the window thinking what's my first stop.

Few minutes later, they let us off the plane. I grab my bag and walk to the front  getting off the plane. The baggage claim ain't that far from where I'm at.

I finally made it to the baggage claim. But I have to wait till my bags come. As I was waiting, some dude came up to me. Like bruh, I was so scared cause I thought this nigga was gone something.

"You Dave East?"he ask.

"Yeah, why?"I look at him curious. 

"They got some fucking bloods looking for you"he said.

"Do you know who sent them to look for me?"I ask.

"I ain't no snitch"he grab his bags and walk away. I search for my bag and grab it. I followed his ass outside so I can get more fucking answer.

"Aye man"I called him. He stop and look at me.

He kiss his teeth shaking his head. "Mannnn, I aint no snitch"he said.

I held up 200 dollars. "You'll talk now"I said.

"Alright, some man name Paul sent them after you, I think this nigga work with them or they work for him"he said.

Paul, my old manager. "Thanks man"I gave him the money. He raise it in the air to see if it's fake or not.

"Nice doing business with you"he said then walk away.  Mark pull up right in front of me. He hop out the truck smiling all big.

"Wassup cuzins"he dap me then gave me a hug.

"What's good"I smile.

"Nothing really. Everything been shitting since you left"he said. 

"Any news on Kairi?"I ask.

"Nah man"Mark grab my bags. "Anna momma called the police but they aint do shit"Mark walk to the trunk.

I got in the truck and sigh. This shit aint right. Who will kidnap a child?