Popular!Light Steve x Unpopular!Reader

Third person POV

In a school was a very popular boy named Light Steve, even tho he was a bit shy everyone adored him and his two friends, Sabre and Rainbow. Those three were the popular trio of the school and all girls loved them, well almost all of them.

The loner of the school was a girl named (Y/n), she was almost like a shadow. No one noticed her or even cared if she was there with them. She had no friends and never liked the popular trio cause she thought that they were faking their kindness and in reality they were awful bullies. She had that idea from the previous schools she went to and because of that she thought that everyone was fake and she could never find true friends.

One day as the popular trio walked through the school hallways Light couldn't help but notice (Y/n) standing in a dark corner all alone. He knew he'd seen her before in this school but never paid them any attention or was with anyone, ever. It got him curious and a bit interested in her, wanting to know more.

"Hey guys, do any of you know about that girl over there?" Light asked his two friends.

They both looked at who he was talking to before Rainbow chimed in.
"Oh that's (Y/n), everyone knows her as the loner of the school since she has no friends. I feel really bad for her to be honest but I don't think she'd like it if we talked to her" he said, his voice getting sadder at the end.
"But why does she not want us near her?" Light asked.
"Apparently she doesn't like people thinking we're all fake and a bunch of awful bullies. I think she thinks that way from previous school, not sure" Sabre said.

Light was saddened by it and really wanted to be her friend. She looked like a nice and fun person to be with and it was just sad to see her all alone, being ignored by the world.

The first class both the popular boy and the loner girl had was science, chemistry. The lesson was normal and very boring but since both wanted a good education they both paid attention as much as they could without falling asleep. Near the end of the class the teacher announced that there's gonna be a group project of two and she'd be picking the groups.

Everyone groaned especially the girls cause they wanted to be with Light and hopefully for them get him to be their boyfriends but (Y/n) was annoyed cause she didn't want to work with someone knowing they'd make her do all the work and lie to the teacher that they did it all by themselves just for them to get a good grade and she a bad one.

When the teacher got to the part where she'd be pairing Light without someone the girls got all excited till she said she'd pair him up with (Y/n). Light smiled but (Y/n) nearly fell off her seat in shock. She tried to make the teacher put him with someone else but it was no use. Now they were stuck with each other for a stupid group chemistry project.

Light walked over to her desk and tried to say a polite hello only for him to earn an annoyed groan from her making him sigh. He sat down next to her and tried to talk to her but she barely said a word. It was really difficult for him to communicate with her and he could tell that she was getting very annoyed with him.

"Hey um, how about we work more on this at yours. Is that ok with you?" He asked politely.

She sighed and gave him her adress to shut him up, knowing he wouldn't come and she'd have to do herself. He thanked her and decided to be nice and leave her alone, not like he had a choice either since a few girls had come to flirt with him. (Y/n) saw that he was getting very uncomfortable and felt pity so she walked over to where he was sitting and slammed her hand on the desk while glaring at all the girls that were bothering. They took the hint and felt making Light very surprised.
"Um, thank you" he thanked her.
"Don't mention it" she mumbled and went back to her seat.