Null x Child!Reader

Null's POV

I was in my basement as my child, (Y/n), played outside with her friends, some Enderkids.

It was their birthday today and since they don't like parties I got them a few presents and did my best to do a nice cake.

I had some trouble wrapping this particular present and it was annoying me a lot. After awhile I finally got it wrapped up and I heard (Y/n) come in and say bye to her friends before closing the door.

I waited till they went to their room before hiding the presents and put some notes with hints and where they were hidden. Once done I set the cake in the dining room and went to their room before knocking on the door. They opened the door and smiled up at me.

"Hi dad" they said.
"Hey kiddo, wanna play a game?" I asked.
"Sure, what game?" They asked.
"Treasure hunt, your favourite" I said and smiled as they agreed, jumping up and down in joy.

God, they're so cute.

I gave them the first clue and they thought what it meant. After a few seconds they ran to my office and looked under my desk to find the second clue and their first present. They opened it to see a stuffed toy that they kept asking me to buy. They hugged it tightly and read the second clue.

This one was a bit harder so it took them a minute to think about it before running to the bathroom and looked in the washing machine. They opened it and opened their second present which was a shirt with their favourite fictional character.

They put it on immediately and read the final clue. It wasn't hard and they knew where it was so they ran to the dining room and found the last present but also their birthday cake.

They opened the last present and froze as I smiled sadly. It was a padlock with a picture of them, me and their mom who....had to leave us due to some medical problems.

They put it around their neck and hugged me tightly as I hugged back and let them shed their tears on my shirt

"I love you dad..." they said quietly
"I love you too (Y/n). Happy birthday" I said in the same level of voice.

They smiled and we sat down to eat some cake which was surprisingly the best cake I've ever managed to make.

--------------

Requested by MelissaC2000, hope you like it.
Bye little devils and angels!