Dark Steve x Child!Reader

(Y/n) POV

Hello! I'm (Y/n) and today is my birthday! I am now 8 years old and uncle Nightmare is very happy for me.

Oh, let me explain a bit. Nightmare Steve is my uncle and Dark Steve is my papa but...I haven't seen him in 3 years...

Uncle Nightmare told me that he had to go on a very long and dangerous mission and due to that I've prayed every night that he's safe and will be back soon but I'm starting to feel like my prays will never be answered.

All these 3 years I've waited for him to come and surprise me especially on my birthday or on holidays but it never happened which caused me to loose all hope.

Usually I'd be excited for my birthday but this time I wasn't.

When uncle Nightmare came to tell my 'happy birthday' he saw how sad and empty I looked which got him worried.

"What's wrong (Y/n)? Today's your birthday. Aren't you excited?" He asked.
"Why should I? All I want is for dad to be here but he never is. I know why but I don't get why he had to go in the first place. What if he's not alive anymore...?" I sobbed at the last part as tears fell from my eyes.

Uncle Nightmare frowned and hugged me tightly.
"He didn't have a choice (Y/n) but you can't loose faith just yet. He may still be out there alive, waiting to come back to you" he tried to reassure but he couldn't. All my faith was long gone.

He seemed to think for a moment before he picked me up, set me on his shoulders and started walking down the long hallway.

"Where are we going?" I asked him.
"To open your presents of course and I'm pretty sure that you'll them" he said with a smile.

Confused I let him take me to my room where there were many presents but one stood out the most due to how big it was. It was wrapped with black and red wrapping paper and was the size of an adult.

Uncle Nightmare put me down and told me to open the rest first before opening the huge one. I did as told and opened the small ones which had many toys inside. Once I was done I went to the huge one and ripped off the wrapping paper.

Once I got all of it I opened the top and out jumped out the one I've been waiting for years.

My dad.

I stood there with my jaw dropped before tears streamed down my eyes and I tackled him on a tight hug. He laughed and hugged me back.

"You're here! You're really here! After all these years you're finally back!" I said happily through tears.
"And I'm never leaving you again" he said.

He got up with me still in his arms and I kept hugging me. We spend the entire day together and had lots of fun playing games, eating my birthday cake and me hearing my dad told about his adventures.

This was the best birthday I could ever had. I love my papa.

--------------

This was requested by Stargesor and I really hope that you like it.
Bye little devils and angels!