Elemental Steve x Child!Reader

Elemental's POV

"(Y/n) get back here!" I shouted as my kid ran around while holding my water cape.

(Y/n) just laughed and kept running as I chased them. You see I left my office for just one second to go get an apple to eat and (Y/n) sneaked in and took my water cape and now I'm trying to get it back but they don't want to give it back.

After awhile I stopped to catch my breath but when I looked around (Y/n) was nowhere to be seen. I got annoyed and started searching for my kid but when I checked the whole base and couldn't find them, I got worried like any father who loves his kid would and thought they ran off.

I walked outside and flew around the area but (Y/n) was still nowhere to be found. I was getting very worried and even scared so I flew to Sabre and Rainbow and asked if they've seen my kid and to my horror they didn't.

I freaked out at that point and flew all day, checking every house or suspicious spot that I saw, basically I had the thought that (Y/n) was kidnapped and I could not even bare to think of what'd happen to them.

I've searched for the whole day but still nothing so I went home tired, scared and in tears, feeling like a terrible father for loosing my own child.

When I got back my heart nearly jumped out off my chest. In the living room was (Y/n) running around wearing my cape and pretending to be me. When they finally realised I was there they stopped all movement and looked down guilty.

Before they could even say a thing I ran up to them and hugged them as if my life depended on it.

"Where were you?! I was worried sick! I thought I lost you!" I said loudly.

I felt (Y/n) shaking and heard them sob a bit so I sighed and kept hugging them.

"I-I'm sorry....I d-didn't mean to s-s-scare you..." (Y/n) tried to say between their sobs.
"Shhh, it's ok kiddo. Just please never scare me like that again. I wouldn't know what to do without you" I soothed them while rubbing circles on their back as they hugged back.
"Oki papa" (Y/n) said softly making me smile.

I picked my child up and brought them to their bedroom before placing them down on their bed and tucked them in.

"Papa?" (Y/n) asked making me hum in response.
"Can you read me a story please?" They asked.
"Sure, which one would you like?" I asked.
"(S/n) (story's name)" they said as I nodded and took the book out of the shelf.

I opened the book and started reading it to (Y/n). When I finished and closed the book I looked at my kid to see them sleeping soundly. I chuckled quietly and put the book back before kissing (Y/n)'s head softly and closed the light.

"Goodnight (Y/n)" I whispered before closing the door behind me and let (Y/n) sleep.

---------------

Requested by inksanslove229 and to be honest I found these types of stories really cute especially when it has the bad guys and it shows their soft sides. I seriously love it and I'm really excited to make more of these.
Bye little devils and angels!