Dark Steve x Reader

(Y/n) POV

I was hanging out with my best friend, Light, at the Rainbow Town. Sabre was busy taking care of Lucas who was currently sick and Rainbow was feeding Fake Lucas and Fake Sabre.

Me and Light were telling each other some funny moments that have happened in our lives and laughing our bums off till we started talking about the evil steves.

"Speaking of them, Sabre said that we needed to find a way to get access to any future plans that they had. Any suggestions?" Light asked.
"Well, I did hear that Nightmare is having a masquerade party at his castle. I could dress up, get inside and sneak in his planning room or office to check." I said.
"It is a good idea but it's also very dangerous. What if they catch you? I don't want to loose someone that I see as a big sister" he said worried.
"Aww, don't worry Light. With the right dress and mask I'll look like a total stranger." I told him.

I finally convinced him to let me go and so I went to tell Sabre about my idea. He was sceptical but agreed and I went to work on my dress and mask.

It took the whole day but by night time I was finally in my fancy dress and beautiful mask that covered my identity so well, it was crazy. I literally went out of my room and my friends couldn't even tell that it was me!

With that I set off to Nightmare's castle. It was pretty difficult to get there with this long ass dress and these annoying heels but I managed and was at the castle doors. With a deep breath I stepped inside and got many shocked stairs.

I ignored them and kept my back straight as I walked inside. As I did I did hear people whisper 'who is she?', 'is she from around here?', 'she looks so stunning', 'she's bound to get the attention of the Dark Prince'. I blushed a bit at the last one and the music started playing. All couples went to the dance floor and danced together as me and a few others stayed at the back.

I looked around the room and saw Nightmare Steve sitting on his throne and watching everyone dance but Dark was nowhere to be seen. I kept looking, checking for when the cost was clear for me to get closer to the hallway and sneak away but as I got close I was stopped by some random guy.

"Hello lovely~ what's a beauty like you doing here all alone?~" he flirted, making me frown.
"I was enjoying my sweet alone time till you came and ruined it. Now I'll kindly ask you to leave me alone" I told him but he just pinned me to the wall and held my chin.
"Trying to be feisty, huh? I got a thing for feisty women like you~" he purred and I growled.

Just as he was leaning in I was pulled away from him.

"Excuse me sir, but I don't think that's any way to treat a lady. I would suggest you head back to your own partner and leave the other guests alone" the man that pulled me away said in a formal but angry voice.
"Y-Yes, my apologies Dark Prince" the guy gulped and quickly walked away.

My heart dropped by the name and I looked to see the man who saved it. It was indeed Dark Steve. A small blush appeared on my face when I saw just how handsome he looked. His black suit and fancy mask made him look so hot and mysterious.

"Are you alright miss?" He asked politely making me snap out of my trance.
"Oh, um, y-yes, I am. Thank you your majesty" I said in a polite tone.
"You don't have to call me such high name dear, just Dark is fine" he chuckled.

He finally let go of me and I took a step back, straightening my dress. God, I wish I could wear something more comfortable and not act so formal but I can't blow up my cover.

"I'm sorry, my prince, but I cannot do such thing. I have no right to call royalty by their names alone" I said formally.
"But isn't that what you always do when we battle dear (Y/n)?" He said with an evil smirk.

Wow, so much for not trying to blow my cover. I gulped and kept stepping back before running down the hallway, hoping to find a place to hide.

Third person POV

Dark watched her ran down the hallway and take a right turn as his grin became wider. Looking back at Nightmare and earning a nod from him, Dark went after the girl he scared away.

(Y/n) ran as fast as she could but it was hard with those heels that she just wanted to rip off her feet. She ran past many doors and frames on the wall but didn't stop till she found what she was looking for. Nightmare's office room.

She quickly went inside and locked the door before looking threw every drawer and file that was in that room, wanting to find what she came here for. After awhile she found files of future plans to attack the town and she grabbed them all before rushing towards the door. Before she could touch it the handle moved.

She gasped and stepped back as it kept moving and banging soon followed. Looking around the room she saw the window and ran to it before opening it and looked at how far the drop was. It was a far drop but if she was lucky enough her legs wouldn't break and she'd be able to head back to the town.

She took a deep breath and jumped. She waited her feet to hit the ground and feel some pain from the far drop but non came. She looked to see that she was caught by a pair of arms but the person that they belonged to made her even more scared. It was Dark again.

She heard the door of the office open and Nightmare stepped to the window. Dark snatched the plans from (Y/n) and threw them up to Nightmare who caught them and gave them a smirk before closing the window and closed the curtains.

(Y/n) jumped off his arms but wasn't quick enough to move away as Dark wrapped an arm around her waist and grabbed one of her hands with his free hand. She blushed a lot but struggled to get out of his grip.

"You can stop struggling dear, I'm not going to hurt you" Dark said.
"Why should I trust you?" I asked with a growl.
"I knew you were going to come so I asked Nightmare to do this party. I wanted to see you but not to fight like always." He told her.
"I don't understand" (Y/n) said confused.
"You are such a strong, independent and smart girl that I couldn't help but fall in love with you. I had to find a way to tell you so I asked for this party to be made. I waited for you to show up and was stunned at how you made yourself look even more gorgeous just to hide from me" he said.

Each word made the blush on (Y/n)'s face get darker and darker. She felt her heart flatter as she stared in his eyes and saw that his words were true. The music from the inside was loud enough for them to hear and with a warm smile he gently squeezed her hand that he was holding and she placed her free hand on his shoulder before moving with the beat of the music.

Not once did one of them break eye contact and the moonlight shone upon them as the gentle breeze of the night move through their hair and made it move slightly.

As the music slowly finished they leaned closer and closer till their eyes closed and their lips touched, forming a sweet and passionate kiss.

-------------

Requested by Amy_CP. We talked a scene like that in my Fangirl/Fanboy Club book and she requested this. Hope you like it!
Bye little devils and angels!