Reverse Steve x Child!Reader

Reverse's POV

You probably already know that Rainbow has a child. Well, so do I and they're the opposite of his like I am the opposite of him. That doesn't mean that I don't love (Y/n), I am blessed to be able to call this precious child mine.

I was sure that (Y/n) would be enemies with Rainbow's child like I am his enemy till one day I found the two kids playing together and having fun playing games and making jokes.

It made me angry and I grounded (Y/n) for it and made sure that they never saw each other again. Till that day (Y/n) hasn't spoke to me once and it made me worried.

I knew why (Y/n) was acting like this and I felt bad but I was just doing what was right....right?

Oh, what am I saying? I prevented my kid from seeing their only friend, no wonder they don't even want to talk to me.

That's it. I need to fix this. It'll be hard but I'm still gonna do it. I walked over to (Y/n)'s room and knocked on the door. No answer, as I thought. I walked in to see (Y/n) curled up in a ball on their bed and facing away from me. I could feel my heart breaking with every minute I see my only kid hating me and not wanting to even see me.

I walked over to (Y/n) and sat at the foot of the bed. I softly stroke their hair like I always did when they were crying or after a nightmare in order to comfort them.

"Hey kiddo" I said softly but got no answer.
"I know you're still mad at me and I'm sorry. I should have never prevented you from seeing Rainbow's child, your only friends and I'll allow you to see them again." I continued.

(Y/n) shot up and looked at me in shock. I smiled seeing their cute and innocent face again looking at me with an emotion other than hate. I could feel the tears welling up in my eyes but I didn't dare to let them fall, I can't cry infront of my kid.

They seemed to notice them cause they ran up to me and hugged me tightly as I hugged back.

"I was never mad at you pa. I was mad at myself for not listening to you but Mr Rainbow and my friend aren't as bad as you think and tell me they are. Me and my friend just wish that you and Mr Rainbow could put your differences aside and stop fighting" (Y/n) said to me.

That got me thinking for a bit. The two kids were right, we shouldn't let our differences break their friendship and we have some things in common too. We both have kids that we love and will do anything to keep them safe and with us.

"You're right, all this fighting needs to stop" I said and (Y/n) smiled widely which cause me to chuckle.

I picked them up and set them on my shoulder. I flew us over to the Rainbow Town and talked with Rainbow. We apologized to each other and agreed to start over as friends instead of enemies which the kids were really happy about because they started cheering and running around all happy.

Me and Rainbow laughed at how cute the two were being and watched them play.

I may have said this already but I'll say it again. I am blessed to call (Y/n) my kid because without them I'd still be miserable and would've never became friends with Rainbow.

-----------

Requested by MelissaC2000
Bye little devils and angels!