Nightmare Steve x Child!Reader

Nightmare's POV

"(Y/n) give me my crown back!" I yelled as I chased my 4 year old kid down my castle hallways.

I don't know why but they loved stealing my crown and pretend to be a king/queen. Well they will be the next to the throne when I'm not here anymore and stealing my crown just to pretend they're in charge is proof that they're my child, but come on!

(Y/n) laughed as they ran around holding my crown in the air, taunting me before they ran to their room and slammed the door shut. I quickly used my Yellow Steve speed to run in the room before they could put anything heavy infront of the door to block it.

When I ran in I picked (Y/n) up quickly making them yelp and laugh as I flopped on their bed. They were still holding my crown which I took back and smiled at them as I held them in the air, making then feel like they were flying.

"You think you can escape the Almighty Nightmare King that easily?" I asked them jokingly which made them giggle.
"I'll show you what happens to the ones that steal my crown!" I said loudly before I started tickling them and it made them erupt into fits of giggles.

I kept this up for a minute or so before stopping to let them breath and hugged them as they hugged back. I looked at the time and saw it was their bed time but I knew what to do since they hated bed time.

I got up and placed tucked them in bed.
"Time to sleep my little prince/princess" I said.
"No! No bed time!" They pouted.

I smiled and started singing their favourite song which not only calmed them down but in just a few seconds they were all curled up under their covers, asleep. I smiled even more and carefully lifted one of their arms to put their favourite stuffed toy under it to which they hugged tightly.

I walked out of their room and closed the light but as always before I completely closed their door I whispered.

"Sweet dreams my little (Y/n)"

----------

And there you have it inksanslove229 I hope you like it cause I sure do. This is probably my favourite oneshot in this book and I got a new nickname for Nightmare.
Dadmare.
Bye little devils and angels!