Memory Steve x Reader

(Y/n) POV

I walked around the dark woods, hugging myself while shaking out of fear but also from being cold. It was very chilly today and all I was wearing was some torn up jeans and an old t-shirt which did nothing to keep me warm at such days. And that fact that winter was coming soon didn't make things better.

You may be wondering how I got here, well I ran away from my home, if I could even call it that since it never felt like a home to me. My parents died long ago and their murders took me. They were my parents friends once who always wanted a child to take care of but they couldn't have one so when they heard that my parents gave birth to me they were furious and jealous.

They came to my house when I was 7 and killed them infront of me before taking me. I never loved them and was always scared of them no matter what they tried to do to gain my trust and love to the point where they gave up and hated me just as much as I hated them. After years of abuse I got everything that I needed and ran off in the woods.

Now you know how I ended up here, alone, out of food and would probably not survive the upcoming winter.

I was very tired from all the walking and climbing I did today to the point where I didn't even care if I was cold. I laid down under a big tree and slowly closed my eyes, letting my consciousness slip away.

When I woke up I saw that I wasn't in the woods anymore and I was laying on a bed with a fuzzy blanket wrapped around me. Freaked out I quickly got up and looked around, not recognizing my surroundings.

It didn't look like my parents murders house which I was glad for but I didn't know who brought me here and Notch knows who and what they were gonna do to me.

Due to my panicking thoughts I didn't hear the door of the room open nor the footsteps coming towards me till I felt a hand on my shoulder making me scream and jump away.

The guy jumped from my scream and tensed up tho I couldn't see his face due to the weird mask he was wearing. By now I had curled up in a corner and was crying.

"P-please don't h-hurt m-m-me..." I begged through sobs.
"I'm not here to hurt. I saw you shaking under that tree and I wanted to help you" he said shyly and rubbed him arm.

I calmed down a bit and stopped crying. I wiped my tears away and slowly walked over to me. He shrank down a bit when I got closer, he didn't look threatening at all and his voice made him sound kind and friendly.

"I'm...I'm Memory" he suddenly told me.
"I'm (Y/n)" I said with a small smile.

I felt him smile back under his mask which made me smile more. He showed me the rest of his amazing house and gave me food, seeing that I was thin as a stick and really needed to eat.

It didn't take me too long for me to start trusting him and open up to him. Before we went to bed I told him about my past and from his moved and voice he seemed very angry and sad. He promised to treat me better and give me the love that I deserve which made my heard flutter.

I thanked him for everything and after some more stories and small jokes we went to sleep.

A couple of days later things were going great. He really did keep his promise and made my life way better than it was before and at about the third day of me being there I knew I was in love with him although I never told him nor made any signs that I loved him, too scared that I'll ruin everything till one day I couldn't take it anymore.

It was now spring time and the weather was warm and nice. We were sitting on the roof of the house chatting once again and watched the sunset which was beautiful. I took a glance at Memory and blushed at how handsome he looked but I was always curious to why he wears the mask but it wasn't my business so I never thought too much about it.

"(Y/n) are you ok? You seem nervous" he asked me a bit worried. I took a deep breath and looked at him.
"Memory, I have to tell you something....I-I....I love you" I said and quickly looked away.

He stayed silent for a few minutes making me scared, thinking he would make fun of me or get angry but instead he lifted his mask to the point where his lips were visible and made me look at him before kissing me dead on the lips.

I stayed frozen in shock for a second before kissing back. We forcefully pulled away after a bit and smiled sweetly at each other but I really wanted to see what he looked like without the mask so I placed my hands on it but his quickly grabbed my wrists.

"Please Memory, I want to see what you look like" I plead.
"But if I let you see then....then you'll forget..." he said sadly.
"Huh?" I said.
"I have the power to make others forget and I can't fully control it. If you look at my eyes then look away then you'll forget. I don't want that to happen to you" he explained but I smiled again and pecked his lips.
"No magic can ever make me forget about you" I said softly.

He hesitated but slowly nodded and I took off his mask. When I saw what he looked like I was in shock. Soft black and light red eyes. I saw how scared he was so I placed a hand on his cheek to calm him down.

"You look even better than I imagined. I could never forget such a wonderful face" I said.

He still seemed scared so I turned away and looked back at him before pulling him in another kiss. He was so happy that he tackled me and made the kiss as passionate as he could which I didn't mind one bit.

Ever since that day we've lived together and our love for each other only keeps growing.

And I can confirm that these are memories I'll never forget.

-----------------

Requested by Animallover657, hope you like it my dear friend.
Bye little devils and angels!