Herobrine x Child!Reader

(Y/n) POV

I was in uncle Notch's castle, I needed some time away from my father, Herobrine. We had a fight and it got pretty bad. He didn't approve that I didn't have a problem with my uncle and he banned me from seeing him again. I didn't listen, of course, and ran away. I was so mad at him, just because he hates him doesn't mean I have to do so as well.

I know about what is going on between them but because of that I'm trying to find a way to stop this foolish war. I tried to explain this to him but he didn't listen, he never does.

Sometimes I wish I had a normal dad...

Herobrine's POV

That damn child, don't they understand that I'm only trying to protect them?! I should've been more strict with them when they were still little. No matter, they're coming back to the Nether and they're not leaving their room till they finally learn their lesson.

I teleported outside their window of their room and hid. I took a peek and saw them writing something, once they were done they placed the paper on their pillow and put on a cloak, as dark as the shadows. They then took something from the bed, it was the plush that I gave them years ago.

I saw them come towards the window and I turned invisible to watch them. They flew out the window and away from the castle. I was gonna follow after them but curiosity got the best of me and I went inside before picking up the note and read it

"Dear Uncle Notch,

I'm sorry but I can't stay here anymore, not here and not at dad's place. I tried to think of any possible way to get you two to stop fighting and finally get along but nothing works, I don't think there's a way to accomplish that. I don't want to be in anyone's way so I'm going away to find a new home.

I do have to ask though. Why? Why do you two have to fight and destroy so many lives that did nothing wrong? How is this war gonna help the two of you?

Anyways, I'd appreciate it if you told my father that I left. I don't have the heart to face him at the moment after our fight. Just let him know that I still love him no matter what. He is my dad after all.

Love, your (nephew/ niece) (Y/n)."

I stared at the note after reading it. Small drops of water soon hit the paper and I touched my cheek, they were tears, my tears.

I finally realised how terrible of a father I have been, no wonder they went to Notch for comfort and not me. This is all my fault.

I wiped my tears away and tore the note into pieces before throwing them in the bin. I flew out of the room and after (Y/n). I'm not going to loose them too like my wife.

After awhile I spotted them walking, their head down. I wasted no time and flew straight to them, hugging them as tightly as I could without hurting them. They flinched violently in fright and turned to look at me.

"Dad?" They asked.
"I'm sorry. I'm sorry for not being a good father to you. This is all my fault..." I said.

It was silent for a moment before they hugged back and let out a sob. I rubbed calming circles on their back and let them cry on my shoulder.

"I just want a normal life...." they said quietly.
"I know, I'm sorry. I promise to be a better father and make up with your uncle just please... don't leave me too..." I pleased.

They agreed to stay and I kept my part of my promise. I had a talk with Notch about all of this. We agreed to stop fighting and let (Y/n) come as much as they wanted and we'd try to get along. After we made the agreement I took (Y/n) home and spend some time together.

Soon they got tired and I tucked them in bed. I smiled at how peaceful they looked.

I've learned my lesson and I'm not gonna make the same mistake that'll take my kid away.

---------------

Requested by MelissaC2000