Cuffed

Birdie's POV:

Mama skips around, helping me set up the house. "We are gonna make dinner for our masters tonight after this?"

"Oh that would be nice. Ethan will like that."

Mama hums, nodding in agreement. "He is happy still with your arrangement?"

"Arrangement as in me going to work with him?"

"And not staying home to cook and clean, and then not go to work with him sometime to babysit the munchkins?" Mama clarifies.

"I think so. He just doesn't like to have me alone. As long as he knows I am around people I think he's okay. As for not cooking and cleaning, I don't think he minds the cleaning as much as the cooking.

"I think he would like to have dinner on the table when he gets home, but he knows the cost and likes having me around him more than coming home to all that stuff."

Mama smiles and hugs me, seeming happy for me. "He is such a good dominant, Birdie. You both got so lucky with one another."

I smile shyly and nod. I know I got lucky with Ethan, but I'm hit in miss about being good.

My smile falters a bit, remembering what I have to talk to Mama about.

"Ethan is so supportive about everything..." I lead in and she just smiles and nods. "He's really been so great about everything with my birth parents.

"Me and him talked and we decided that we are going to the Republic with my birth parents when they go to pack up and stuff..."

Mama's smile falls quickly, remembering how hard Weston and Hannah's trip to the Republic was.

"You want to go home, Birdie?"

"I am home, Mama. I just want to see where I grew up before... you know. I told Ethan the same thing. I love my life. I love my family.

"I don't want to go because I am unfulfilled with who I am now. I want to go because I am secure enough in myself to know who I am and be confident enough to explore my past."

"But you're... coming back, right?" Mama asks, knotting her hands in her apron.

"Of course. Mama, you know I can't go more than a couple days without coming to see you and Dad."

"I'm... so happy for you. I hope you have a good time. Ethan is going with you?"

I breathe a sigh of relief, having been so worried she might be upset.

"Oh yes. He... he wanted me to go alone so that I could have more freedom, but I told him that I needed him. I can't imagine being apart from him."

"Oh. I could never go alone. I can never sleep when your father is away. I'm so glad he is going with you. Is he... okay with you going?"

"Yes. He wants me to go. He's been so good, so supportive, Mama."

"I'm so happy for you, Birdie."

"Will you tell Daddy?" I ask bashfully. Even though this conversation went well, I don't think this same talk with my dad will go as well. Weston is going to freak out too.

"You want me to tell Daddy? I don't know about that... we should make Ethan tell him," Mama suggests.

"Him and Weston," I agree and she smiles and laughs.

"Yes. We'll have Ethan tell Master and Weston," Mama grins.

————

"Ethan!" I smack his chest, huffing angrily as he smoothers me in a hug. "You scared me to death."