Kisses and Cuddles

Ethan's POV

I stiffen when Ellie grabs my shoulder, pulling me down to kiss my cheek. Birdie continues talking with her father, completely oblivious to her mother's actions.

"Morning," Ellie smiles innocently.

I clear my throat awkwardly, thrown off by her affection. "Morning, Mama." She hums, pleased, before she retreats to her master's lap.

I make Birdie a plate of food, fighting the urge to pick her up and start carrying her around, so she can fuss over me and give me her attention.

I keep my selfish thoughts to myself, setting Birdie's plate down on the table. I don't have to tell her my expectations, she sits and starts to eat, still talking to her parents about her plans for the day.

"We should get coco shavings for our chocolate moose," Ellie exclaims happily in her and Birdie's chatter.

"Ellie Bear. That sounds amazing, but I don't think Ethan is going to want Birdie cooking much today. I'm sure he has other plans," Mr. Astor tells her.

Ellie glances at me for a moment, sizing me up. "He can watch Birdie," Ellie says.

Me and Mr. Astor try to withhold our smirks. "Ellie Bear, I don't think he wants to watch her."

"Well I want my babies—"

"Ellie." She glares at him, not relenting in the slightest. "Birdie just got collared. Did you want me just to watch you cook when you were collared? Do you want me to just watch you cook now?"

She hums and looks away, ignoring him. She doesn't have to say anything, he got his point across.

"I think Birdie will be able to help in the kitchen, but I don't think she should be out of the house today... I don't want her far."

Ellie nods, seeming much more interested in bargaining with me than her master. "I'll get everything myself and she can help me," Ellie assures and I nod, agreeable.

"That sounds wonderful. Birdie and I will be in the living room most of the day anyways. I'd like her to get comfortable with me. I'd like to earn more of her trust," I explain.

"Ellie will let you and Birdie be," Mr. Astor says pointedly.

"Actually... I don't mind any interruptions at all. I just want Birdie to learn she is safe with me. Company may be good. I'm unsure how to help her."

"... Ellie used to cuddle with me when Birdie was younger because Ellie made her feel safe. It helped for Birdie to see how I treated Ellie. Ellie could come cuddle with you both—"

"Master could come too!" Ellie says happily.

Birdie leans against my side and I pat her head. "We could see how that goes. Birdie?" She nods her head.

"I trust you..."

"I know, Little Bird. It's not that you don't trust me, it's that I need you to realize you are safe and that nothing is ever going to happen to you. Ellie—Mama, will come sit with us and we will see how it goes."

————

Birdie and Ellie are two very different cuddlers. Ellie is probably different with her master, but she doesn't hold herself back with me at all.

Ellie pushes me down on the sofa upon coming over. She doesn't ask or wait for any direction before climbing on top of me. I look to Birdie in slight alarm, but she doesn't seem bothered.

Ellie grabs Birdie in a hug and lays them both down on top of me. Ellie holds her baby, resting her head on my chest.

"Pet us?"