Wrapping

Ethan's POV:

Birdie wipes her mouth with the back of her hand crudely, standing as I zip my pants back up.

"Are you almost done with work, Master?" I snort, as if I could have been working during her little performance.

"No, not yet." Not like we could go home yet anyways.

"Soon? I'm ready to go home, Master..."

I pause, looking up at my Little Bird as she fiddles around with the pens and papers strewn across my desk.

"Do you want to come sit in my lap for a bit, Little Bird?" I'd take her home now, but I don't know if it arrived yet and I want it to be there for when we get home.

"Okay... You're not going to suspend me tonight, right?"

"Not until you're done with your pregnancy for sure, blood clots and circulation things... It's gonna be okay, Little Bird. I'll find lots of fun things to do with you," I promise her.

My Little Bird is going to loose her stuff pretty quick if I can't find a way to appease her sadist side during this pregnancy.

It isn't that I don't want to hurt her, it's just that every time I think about it, my mind goes to the precious life she is carrying.

And then I always think about how my poor submissive is carrying around a baby for me and I'm think about hurting her. I know she'd like it and she wants that, but it doesn't stop me from feeling guilty.

I suppose it doesn't really matter if her surprise arrives when we are home or not. She needs to be fed and bathed and massaged tonight before bed. Birdie is expecting a little session too, so I'll have to see what I can do.

"You want to go home? Alright, Little Bird. We can go home now." I hold her jacket up for her and she grins, sliding into it without question, accepting a quick kiss to her temple.

She slides her hand into mine as we head out to the car and drive home.

It doesn't look like it is here yet, so I don't mention it at all, still keeping it a surprise.

"This weekend we don't really have anything going on..." Her face pinches a bit as she thinks, trying to figure out where I'm going with this.

"I know you wanted to go shopping this week, but I could go with you girls this weekend... Do you want that, or..."

A soft smile spreads on her lips as she nods, seeming pleased with my suggestion.

"A pretty pink nursery?" Birdie asks, remembering what I had said.

"Whatever you think my baby girl needs." I want a pink nursery for my little girl, but I want Birdie to be happy more.

We chat about the nursery as we unwind and shower, fulfilling our afterwork routine. Birdie hasn't been cooking much, but I don't mind doing the cooking.

I leave her to nap for a bit, starting on dinner when I'm interrupted by the doorbell. I worry they might have woken her up from her nap, but there isn't anything I can do now.

She'll stay in bed and go back to sleep anyways, I put her chain on her, so she could sleep for a bit while I figure out our plans for tonight.

They have me sign and leave the canvas in the box for me to take upstairs.

"Master?"

I leave the canvas in the hallway, checking on my Little Bird.

"Hi, Baby. Did they wake you up? I'm sorry, Sweetness." She pulls me down to cuddle with her and I of course do so without complete.