Munchkins

Weston's POV

"Please! Weston, please? I promise I'll baby sit for free for the rest of my life," Birdie begs me.

I chuckle, not looking up at her as I try to finish my work for the day, so I can help Hannah with the munchkins. "You're so dramatic. I'm not showing you any of the applications I got because I don't want you forming any attachments."

If she is going to have me go through a screening process and do interviews and application reviews, then she is going to let me get it down to the real candidates before she sees what they look like or reads about them. I do not want their looks or a few common interests to get in the way of her decision.

Birdie drops down to her knees in front of me as I work, begging me, "Please, Weston? Just one. Just a good one."

I shake my head at her antics, a smile on my lips.

I pull her to sit against my side as I try to finish work. Usually by now I have a few munchkins hanging all over me, trying to get me to quit working, but Hannah knows Birdie is in here talking to me about important things.

"I'll let you see the applications once I've picked which ones will be good, Little Bird. You want this, right?" She won't admit is directly, but I know she wants me to do this, so that her dominant won't meet her face to face until the deal is done.

I've explained that she will have to meet him, or at least talk to him before the guy seals the deal and pays her dowry. I don't think she quite expects me to make good on that statement, but I will because I think it is exceedingly important for her to meet her dominant beforehand.

What if she sees him and is just not attracted? It does not make sense to have the man commit himself before meeting or talking to her.

"Birdie, if you're having second guesses, I have no problem—" I say softly when she takes a few moments to respond. She must be questioning her decision.

"No—I want you to do it..." she says decisively, averting my eyes from mine. I purse my lips, hating how she has gotten this idea that a dominant will never love her for all that she is "I need you to do it," she whispers solemnly.

My arm around her tightens, pulling her closer to my chest. "You don't need me to do it, Birdie..." I remind her, but she shakes her head, tears brimming her eyes.

I sigh and set my computer aside, pulling her into my lap. "Birdie, you are a beautiful submissive and you do not need to hide behind me just so that someone will love you.

"I am narrowing down the dominants that you meet, so that I can sleep at night knowing my sister is being treated well. I am by no means helping you with this because you could not find a dominant to love you if they met you," I tell her, leaving no room for argument.

She sniffles, "I do not want to be a beautiful submissive. I want to be a good submissive. I want to be someone my dominant is proud of for more than just my face," Birdie pouts.

"You are a good submissive. No, you do not naturally have an undying trust with people, but not all people do. Any good dominant will not expect you to trust them without knowing them.

"Do you know how long it took for Hannah to trust me? I'm not going to set you up with any dominant who does not understand that your trust and submission is earned with time and respect."

She nods and curls into my chest, making me hug her even tighter.

"I'm kind of a bitch though sometimes too," Birdie admits. I swat her behind making her smile. I don't even have to tell her why, she already knows better than to curse around me.