Sentimental

Birdie's POV

Mother flutters around the kitchen behind me, putting the finishing touches on dessert as I wash the dishes.

I don't know where the dominants disappeared off to, but I should notify them of dessert being ready.

"Birdie..."

My head snaps towards the direction of Ethan. He lingers in the doorway, for the first time seeming unsure or himself.

"Is everything alright?"

My mother quietly follows me as I approach Ethan.

He seems nervous. Why is he nervous? Did my dad say something? Does this have to do with mother being upset earlier?

I feel like I'm missing something.

Ethan offers me his hand wordlessly. I take it, my skin growing clammy as I realize he is taking me to Father's office.

My heart pounds in my chest as the moment starts to come together. A crisp piece of paper is set on the desk, a pen set next to it.

Without even having to read the top, I know it is my title of ownership.

My feet suddenly halt, my brain too overcome with emotions.

"Come here, Birdie." Ethan's voice is soft and inviting. He gently tugs me forward, taking a seat in the chair opposite of my father. "We are signing your title of ownership and collaring you today."

My breath comes out in shaky pants at this unexpected twist in tonight's events.

I am pulled to sit on Ethan's thigh as he hands me the pen. "I'm going to read this to you, so you can understand before you sign, okay?"

I nod numbly, half paying attention to him as he reads me the stipulations and agreement formed by the document.

"Once you sign your name, I'm going to sign mine and then it will be officially, okay? This is what you want, right, Little Bird?" I nod at Ethan's question, very sure of this one thing.

I want him to collar me, I want to be his. I am sure of that.

My hands shake as I try to write my signature down. Ethan's hands run over my skirt, playing with the fabric of my dress.

The pen jumps obnoxious against the paper, dotting it undesirably. "W-why am I signing this?"

I may not have been listening to him read the title of ownership, but I know enough about a title of ownership to know that I don't sign it at all. A title of ownership is exchanged between dominants. The submissive, myself, is left completely out of transaction.

"We are in this together, Little Bird. You want this as much as I, right? You and I are partners, we do things together from now on," Ethan explains softly, stroking my back in a very calm and lackadaisical pace.

The shaking in my hands continues. Ethan's hands wrap around my own to help me steady the pen. His hand guides mine, helping me get my signature down.

My signature stands proud below my fathers, first on the signature line. I start to panic, thinking I was supposed to sign below Ethan due to my signature being more of a courteous gesture than legally binding.

Ethan doesn't seem to be phased that my signature comes before his own though. He eases the pen from me, calmly etching his name next to mine.

He turns his face toward mine, placing a sweet kiss on my cheek. "Good girl, Little Bird. Will you let me collar you now?" I nod my head, stumbling to stand up.