Candidate

Weston's POV

"So what do you admire most about a woman?" I ask the man as he sips on his coffee.

He smirks as he sets his cup down, acting as if my question was some sort of joke, "Her complete submission, of course."

Does he know how much of an idiot he sounds like?

I hum, disproving greatly of this answer as well as all the others before. "Birdie is not the type of submissive to give complete submission easily. What is your plan with that?"

He just laughs, "Every submissive can be broken in, it is only a test of a dominant's will."

I smile tightly and slide his application into my folder, having all the answers I need.

"So when do I get to meet her?" He asks, suddenly standing as he sees me gathering my things. I smile for real now, taking great pleasure in this part of the project. "Birdie is a flame in need of stoking, not extinguishing. I appreciate your time, but I have a lot of other candidates-"

"There is nothing wrong with me holding my submissive up to high standards. I'm an incredibly experienced dominant and-"

"This has nothing to do with your experience level. Like I said before-" I try to explain again before he once again cuts me off.

He raises his voice going on and on about himself. I doubt he really cared for Birdie all that much. He's never met her. This is an ego thing.

"You have a nice day," I tell him with a sigh, turning and checking my watch as I leave the coffee shop.

Appointment four down, six more to go.

————

I settle down at my next appointment. I sip on the tea Hannah made me before looking at my watch.

I have about ten minutes, so I do not feel guilty getting on my phone to check in with Hannah. I know the twins are at my Mom's and Dad's house, but with her pregnancy, even just one kid at a time can be a struggle.

The bell on the café door dings as someone enters and I glance up from my phone.

A professional looking man comes in wearing a navy blue suit and white button up shirt. He looks down to check his watch and I have a growing suspicion that this is Ethan, my next appointment.

I had reservations about inviting him for an interview, but Hannah said that someone like him may be good for Birdie... Hannah also said he was attractive which I found slightly offensive, but I am not worried as she's already knocked up with our third...

Ethan scans the cafe before his eyes land on me. A slight smile spreads as he recognizes me. I stand up to greet him as he comes over.

The good news is that although he has very... professional facade, he seems to have a warm personality. "You must be Weston," he asserts, smoothing his suit jacket before he sits down. "I hope I am not too early. I got out of a meeting down the street and wanted to make sure I wasn't late," he informs me, pulling out a folder of his own and placing it on the table.

"You said you own a finance company?" I pull out a copy of his application from my own folder.

"Yes, Western Brooks, it is pretty small, you may not have heard of it." I definitely looked it up and did a fact check, but he doesn't need to know that.

"Do you mind if I see identification?" I want to make sure he is indeed Ethan and not just posing as him.

"Of course." He pulls out his wallet and passes me his identification card. "Do you mind if I see Birdie's papers?" No one else had asked for those. "I just want to verify that she is of age," he continues.