Tea

Ethan's POV

"I can't believe you let her talk that way about you?" I straighten up at the accusation.

"What did she say?" Between the time of her walking out of my office to get breakfast and the near hour it's been without her return, what has she gotten herself into?

I'm not jealous, but why was she talking to Stephan and Carol? Shit talking too.

It's too early to have to punish her. I don't want to, but I warned her about behaving at work!

"Woah, calm down. I was just playing with you. She didn't say anything... What makes you so on edge?" Stephan inquires softly, glancing towards the closed break-room door.

I don't know why the door is closed, Lizzy isn't allowed to close the door without permission. It must have been Birdie. I can tell Stephan is slightly on edge about not being able to see his beloved pet from his desk. His pen thumps against his note pad a little too erratically for him to be alright.

"It's her first day... I don't want to have to punish her, that's all." Silence settles between us.  "She's got some nice cane marks already, it wouldn't be good to add to them."

"You already had to cane her?" I shake my head at Stephan's surprise. Lizzy is very traumatized, having grown up in a facility, pain was a weapon, not a tool for loving correction or pleasure. Stephan forgets some submissives enjoy the pain I bring them.

"It was for play. She enjoyed it—a lot." I try to keep the bragging tone from voice, but I can't. I have one hell of a submissive.

"Damn... match made in heaven then, isn't it..." Stephan tease and I grin.

We both start longingly at the closed break room door.

I had hoped Birdie would have quickly grabbed breakfast, so that she could get to work on the shredding and filing I need done, but it sounds like the girls are having fun...

I'll give Birdie a few more minutes. Her and Lizzy will be close friends, both of them spending so much time together here at the office.

Yes, Birdie will have work to do, but it's important she have someone to talk to and play with as well. No, Birdie won't enjoy tug o'war, but a submissive companion will be good for her.

Lizzy and Birdie can confide in one another and act as support for when the other needs it.

I take full responsibility of Birdie's care, but I am aware sometimes I will fall short and need someone else to be there for her when I am not.

"They seem to be enjoying themselves." Stephan smiles and glances towards the door, relaxing as he hears them giggling.

"Our girls get along nicely I think." I nod in agreement. They sound like they do.

"I'm afraid I'll have some work for Birdie..." Stephan nods and stands, knowing he should probably have Lizzy come with with him while he works, so she isn't alone.

I don't bother knocking, walking right in on the girls.

Both heads swivel towards me and Stephan, surprise written across both submissives' faces.

Birdie has a cup of tea in front of her and I look to the sink to see if there is a dirty plate. The sink is clean, but that doesn't necessarily mean she didn't eat.

"Taking our time with a cup of tea? I trust you already ate, Little Bird?" She flushes, bowing her head.

"I'm sorry, Master Ethan, I lost track of time..." I nod, tilting my head towards the door. She stands wordlessly, leaving her cup at the table.