Epilogue

Ethan's POV:

I pin my cellphone to my ear, half listening as Stephan gives me the reports for this week's numbers.

"Thank you, Stephan. The Salvanzes called yesterday about their statement too, did you happen to—"

My pinky is yanked back and I bite my tongue, keeping in the yelp of pain which wants to escape.

"Pinkies back, Daddy," my princess sighs in annoyance, peeved at my poor tea etiquette.

Birdie giggles across from me, her eyes alight with humor as she takes in my appearance. I'm cramped up in this tiny plastic chair at a table built for my toddler, but I'm looking pretty good, my princess having shown me some mercy and allowed me to take my tea without any crowns or tiaras today.

"Ethan? You still there?" I jolt out of my thoughts, focusing back on Stephan.

"Yes. I'm sorry. I'm uh... having some tea," I explain, my gaze falling to my princess again.

She goes around the tiny tea table, pouring drinks for mommy and all her gazillion stuffed animals.

"Tea, Mommy?" she chirps innocently as if she didn't nearly rip my pinky off my hand when I didn't show good tea etiquette.

Birdie nods and talks quietly with our princess, knowing I am on the phone.

I struggle to pay attention to anything Stephan says, but I can't find it in myself to care too much.

I'll be in the office next Monday to try to get some work done and I'll pay attention then. I finish up the call, setting my phone aside, so I can enjoy my girls once again.

"Mommy. Mommy can you please teach me how to pour the teas again?"

"The teas? Of course, come here." I smile at my girls as they come over. Birdie kneels on the floor next to the tiny chair I'm hunched over in, settling the tea pot in her lap. "You want me to teach you how to pour tea for your dominant, right?"

Our princess nods vigorously, so excited that she was finally classified at school and is a submissive.

I stroke Birdie's head as she talks to our little love. My girls... I love them so much.

"One hand here and the other holds the lid and you be very careful. You only pour to about right here on the cup before you're all done pouring.

"When you're being very serious with your master you keep quiet and he'll tell you how he wants his tea—"

"Are we being serious?" my princess interrupts, looking between me and Mommy.

"No, not right now, Princess."

"Then how do you want your tea, Daddy? You want a cookie in it?"

Without waiting for a reply my toddle sticks a cookie into my tea, smiling at her handiwork.

"Oh, Baby, I don't think Daddy wants a cookie in his tea."

"Yeah, Daddy likes cookie," my princess insists and me and Birdie share and glance, biting our lips to stop ourselves from laughing.

"Alright, well, would you like any sugar in your tea, Daddy?" Birdie questions, tending to my cup for real as our princess finds herself distracted with her copious amounts of toys.

"I think the cookie in my tea should be enough. Thank you, Little Bird." Birdie blushes and sets aside the concoction of our spawn, filling up her own cup to give it to me.

She offers the tea to me above her with a bowed head. I take the cup from her gingerly, letting my fingers caress hers in the process.

I peck her lips, drawing her cheek to my leg as I drink my fresh cup of tea.