To Me

Ethan's POV:

"Ethan, I'd like to speak with you." Birdie's head swivels towards me. I set down my fork, patting Birdie's thigh as I dismiss myself.

"Of course, Sir." Birdie's father doesn't say anything else as I follow him to his office. He wordlessly sits across his desk from me and I take a seat as well.

"She seems much better this morning." I nod in agreement to his statement. Birdie is much better, physically and mentally.

She was exhausted last night. I wasn't surprised she was passed out.

I'm glad she was able to slip again this morning with me though. In the back of my head, I was worried she wouldn't be able to allow herself to go into subspace again after last night.

I know she was physically and mentally fried after dropping so hard last night.

She transitioned out of subspace much better this morning. I'm not going to tell him I had her slip back into subspace this morning, he's mad enough I let her do it yesterday. She needed to see that subspace wasn't a bag thing though and it wouldn't always cause her pain.

I didn't let her slip as far as she did last night which contributed to it, but I also transitioned her out of subspace in the scene, so she wasn't aware of being out of subspace until she was.

"She is doing good, Sir. I was worried she might become a little depressed just because of subdrop and the severity. I'll keep a close eye on her this week, but she seems to be doing well." Birdie's father remains silent, eyeing me closely.

"How did your scene go beyond that..." I can tell Mr. Astor wants to grill me more about the subspace thing, but is refraining.

"Our scene went well... it wasn't during our scene that she slipped actually. Me and her decided to play impromptu, but our scene was good. She didn't want to be bound, but that was fine. The session went smoothly, she enjoyed herself."

"No shenanigans?" I chuckle at his question.

"No, Sir. No shenanigans." He continues to nod, tapping his fingers on his desk. I keep my expression cool, trying not to show how nervous this conversation is making me.

Where is he taking this conversation?

I know he isn't happy with me.

"Birdie talked to me this morning." I perk up at his words. She didn't tell that—not that she had to. I'm just surprised. Was it a good talk? Bad? "She said she really enjoyed her time with you... she seems smitten."

I relax, my lips turning up.

"I had a wonderful time with her as well. She is very well behaved." Her father chuckles and nods, sitting up in his seat.

"I'm glad you think so... she does try." I nod in agreement. I think she does try to be good. "I'm not pleased about last night, but I understand there also wasn't much you could do. It was a mistake and hopefully you learned from it... Me and Ellie wanted to discuss a contract. I assume your intentions are to proceed with paperwork?"

I sit up even straighter, unable to keep my surprise off my face.

"Oh! Yes. Yes, that is my intention." I thought he would want me and Birdie to continue to wait since last night had not gone as planned.

I am elated though that he is agreeable to proceed. I am anxious to collar my Little Bird.

He nods, starting to play with his pen, not looking at me at all. I feel bad being so excited when I know he is upset by giving his daughter away. I know I will take good care of her though. Birdie will want for nothing.