Mushrooms

Ethan's POV

I glance down at Birdie. Is my home prepared for a submissive?

"In what context?" I inquire softly, not wanting to spook or intimidate Birdie's mother, as she seems very easy to scare.

"What context do you think?" Birdie's Father answers carefully, not wanting to lead me into an answer too much.

"I think my home is a clean and safe environment for her. I don't expect much chores, but what I do require, I have the supplies at my home already. It's only a three bedroom house, not big enough for a family, but there is certainly enough room for her to live comfortably.

"If she needs anything else, I am happy to accommodate her, but I can't think of any other things to do in preparation for her. I have no need to buy a cage. I don't think that establishes a healthy mental, emotional or physical relationship even if used for a short time to make sure she isn't going to run away. I've have had a playroom set up for awhile..." I trail off.

Birdie's father is hard to read and I wonder if I'm just as impassive in my expression. The waiter brings by our waters and I order Birdie's champagne.

Our table falls into silence again as Mr. Astor thinks. "Weston says you'd like to take her to work with you. Do you have your office accommodated for that?"

"Lizzy is a submissive of one of my employees and she spends the day in the office. The break room has been accommodated for her, so she can play and nap and such. She is a pet, but she is very sweet and will be nice company to Birdie if she gets tired of me," I say with a soft smile.

"There's also snacks and food in the fridge for them to snack on. I restock every week, it's for employees, but mainly Lizzy and now Birdie. For my office specifically, I have a pet bed shipping, it should arrive Monday. It will fit under my desk, so she can nap in the dark while I work. It's my understanding that Birdie is not a morning person." I smirk over at Birdie and she narrows her eyes at me.

"This pet bed is big enough for her? What type of padding? Where did you order it from?" My brows raise slightly from Mr. Astor's questions.

I had thought my description had been satisfactory. "I ordered it from Pet-Me, it's an Egyptian cotton, hypoallergenic, gel infused three layer pad. Both ends have a raised side that she can use as a pillow. She'll probably want a blanket, but I was thinking she might want to pick that out herself."

He must have heard of Pet-Me because Mr. Astor's brows raise.

Yes, Sir, only the best for my submissive.

"How many hours do you spend at work everyday?" Ellie is much more at ease and confident now with her dominant by her side.

"I usually put in ten to eleven, but I know I will not be working as much with a submissive." Ellie nods, seeming pleased. "Weston said you wanted her to come to your house and serve you for a day..."

It's a statement, but I hear the question in it.

"Yes, I was hoping tomorrow night I could pick her up and settle her in. I'd have her sleep in my room alone, so she could get used to the space. She would spend the day with me and I'd return her home that night..." I have not discussed the specifics about the arrangement, but I am hoping they are agreeable.

Mr. Astor seems put off by the idea, but he doesn't say so.

"You say you have three bedrooms. Why can't she stay in a spare room?" Ellie asks, glancing between me and her daughter.

"There is the Master suite, the playroom and a guest room. As me and Birdie have discussed, in the past I have had many playmates—none of whom were serious relationships, it was strictly for play. But I don't feel comfortable and I don't think she would either, staying in a guestroom knowing there had been other submissives before that stayed there," I explain as tactfully as I can.