Help

Ethan's POV:

My phone buzzes and I sigh, expecting to be notified that the file I have been waiting on has finally been sent over.

'Medicine': flashes across my phone sending a sinking feeling in my chest.

Birdie shifts beside me, giving me a curious look as I riffle through our carry on like a mad man.

"Something wrong?" I don't reply for a moment, feeling her fingers run through my hair as she remains blissfully unaware of the issue we are going to have.

I turn my backpack inside out twice, pinching my brows between my fingers.

I knew I didn't pack it in the carry on. Why didn't I pack it in the carry on?

I check my watch, counting the minutes till we land.

"Your medicine, Birdie..."

"For... my wrists?" I nod, looking over at her, hiding my mouth behind my palm. "...Is it back at home?"

"No, it's in our bag. We will be landing soon, but it's going to take a while for us to get off and get our bag."

"It's okay. Don't get stressed. Everything is going to be fine. I can't feel anything for now and the medicine is just going to taper off slowly."

She continues to stroke my head, reading the panic across my face.

I hits the overhead button, calling for assistance.

"Sir?" The attendant asks.

"Yes, my submissive has medication she needs and it's in our luggage. Is there any chance we could depart first? If she doesn't get it—"

"Absolutely, Sir. I will take care of things." The attendant returns to the front of the plane to speak with the other attendants.

A kiss to my bicep draws my attention back to my sweet submissive.

"It's going to be okay, Little Bird." She smiles at my assurance, petting my chest affectionately.

"Of course it is, Master."

I try to relax to back up my words, but I fear for my sweet little bird's comfort.

I can't get over how stupid, how unthoughtful, how meatheadish I was to have put her medicine in our luggage and not our carry on.

"You shouldn't be so hard on yourself, Master. I am fine and I will continue to be even if the pain wears off a little..."

I shake my head, pulling her head to my chest.

"It's pain medicine, but what if it wasn't? I promised, I promised you that your branding wouldn't hurt. I promised and I swore that I would never lie to you again."

I rub between my brows, this feeling the worst. This feeling of helplessness is nauseating.

"Ethan, I'm fine. I can't feel anything yet. It will only be just a small irritation if anything by the time we reapply. Okay?"

I nod, petting and kissing my sweet submissive. She's going to get showered in chocolate and kisses when we get home.

I feel so horrible for this.

My sweet girl will be denied nothing when we get home.

I hold my sweet girl close, my fingers tapping against her back erratically until the wheels of the plane hit the asphalt.

"Passengers, please remain seated. We are going to have seat 23 and 24 exit the plane first. Please remain seated until they can exit."

I unbuckle me and Birdie's seat, pulling her into my hip and swinging our carry on over my shoulder before Birdie can complain.