Prey

Ethan's POV

Birdie glances over at me, her nervousness evident in her twitchy movements. I push open the french doors which lead into the playroom.

"Have you looked around in here yet?"

Birdie nods and chases after me like a shadow, hiding behind me as I stop to fix the doors open. I would usually close them just incase the cleaning service came by or something, but I called and made sure they wouldn't come this weekend.

Having the doors open will hopefully put Birdie at ease. Feeling trapped isn't a safe feeling for her, so hopefully having the doors open will make her feel safe.

"I know you may have seen most of this stuff in school in your submissive classes and such. Are there any questions I can answer for you, Little Bird?"

I walk over and sit on the edge of the bed, clasping my hands in my lap.

Birdie sways side to side, avoid my gaze. "...I don't think so..."

I watch her for a moment before standing.

She takes a step away and I pause.

Her eyes snap to mine and we both stare at one another for a moment.

I've played several times, but she isn't a submissive that I can just jump into a scene with. She doesn't know how to prepare her own headspace for play. To just start giving her commands would be throwing her into the deep end.

"Little Bird—"

"I changed my mind about bondage," she blurts out.

My brows raise in surprise from both her random exclamation and from being interrupted.

She shifts, rubbing at her arm awkwardly now. "I don't want to be restrained." She glances at me as if to check if that was acceptable.

She made her new limit list a little over an hour ago, but I suppose being in this room made it all too real for her.

"Have you changed your mind about anything else?" It's not too late at all to change plans. First and foremost, I just need her to be comfortable and feel safe.

Birdie opens her mouth, but then closes it to shake her head. I examine her for another moment in silence, trying to tell if she is telling the truth.

She promised me she'd speak up from now on about things... I need to trust her in order for her to learn to trust me.

"Come and let me undress you then, Little Bird." Birdie stumbles over her own feet, shuffling over reluctantly.

I grab onto the tie of her robe, tugging it till it loosens. The silk falls off her shoulders until the robe pools at her feet.

She shifts, subtly crossing her thighs as she stands in front of me. She's on her period, so I won't have her undress any further although having her bra off would be far more pleasant to me. She probably wouldn't feel very comfortable with her breasts bare to me either...

I grab onto her hips, caressing her with my thumbs, tracing the protruding bone. She inhales deeply, her hands twitching at her sides.

"When we play, you may touch me whenever you please. I will restrain your hands—given permission— if I desire you to not touch me." She swallows and nods, her head tilted down as she watches me stroke her hip. "I know you are aware of the traffic light system for safewording?"

"Yes, Master Ethan," Birdie whispers, her soft tone caressing stoking a fire inside me.

"Along with your other two safewords, I will also be listening to if you say mercy... Mercy is my chosen safeword which I usually use. I will of course listen to your choice words—yellow and red— but I will also listen for mercy, yes?"