Branding

Birdies POV:

"Hey, Little One." I crawl into his lap, putting my head against his neck in response. "You okay?"

"Ethan took me for a consultation for my branding..."

Dad lets my head, remaining silent for a moment. "I didn't think he would make you get it... I'm so sorry, Birdie—"

"He said he isn't. He said it was just a consultation for me to ask questions."

"Oh... are you not happy about how the consultation went?" Dad asks me, kissing my head and resettling me in his lap.

I wouldn't say I'm not happy about how it went, I was just really expecting them to admit that it would hurt.

It isn't that I don't trust Master when he says it doesn't hurt, it would just be an easy out and I wouldn't have to stress if it did hurt because then Ethan wouldn't want me to do it.

"They said it didn't hurt and that I wouldn't feel it... Ethan... feels strongly about wanting me to get it."

"So are you going to get it?" Dad asks, wrapping both arms around me to hold me to his chest as he leans back in his desk chair.

"...Yeah..."

"Is that your choice? What you want?" Dad asks me, more invested now in my dilemma than his work at the moment.

"That's my choice, but not necessarily what I want. I have a lot of anxiety about it...It makes me really nervous. Ethan promised it wouldn't hurt though and that's my biggest fear."

"Mmm... that does seem like a tough choice. How do you feel about Ethan? Do you trust him to have your best interest in mind? Make good decisions for you?"

"You think I should just trust him?" He doesn't say anything starting to fiddle with his pen.

"Every dominant is different, Birdie... If you trust Ethan and you trust how you feel and you think your only major draw back is pain..."

"Yeah..." I sigh gently, playing with my fingers. "Ethan said he closed on the house down the street..."

"What?" Father asks in surprise.

I nod, yawning softly. "Yeah... he just told me. I thought we were going to do a walk through, but... I think he just realized we need to just move in."

"Are you upset he didn't let you go look at the house before hand?" Dad asks me, playing with my hair.

"...Hannah didn't get to see her house and Weston knew what he was doing. I think Ethan just decided that we need to move out... he needs to play and wants more alone time with me and I don't think he gets that like he needs it here."

"It's hard to fight with him, huh?" Dad chuckles and I smile.

"It's hard to be mad at him. In one hand, it makes me mad he didn't tell me that we had that consultation, or that he closed in the house, but... I also understand.

"He didn't want me to stress about the consultation, so he didn't tell me until I needed to know and then on the house, he decided we just needed to purchase it..."

"Well... you're being very mature about things. Just make sure you tell Ethan how you feel... As dominants, we forget that even when we make decisions for our submissive's good, we may rub them the wrong way or make them feel like their opinion is not valuable to us."

I nod, thinking back to me and Ethan's chair. We don't have a talking chair here. I miss our talking chair.

"Birdie?" I perk up at his call, turning to see him in the door. "Hey, you doing okay, Little Bird? How has she been? She been having cramps today?" Master asks my dad, coming over and pulling me into his arm, kissing my head.