Little Bird

Birdie's POV

I let out a deep sigh, closing the window curtains. "Did you call Mom and Dad?" Weston asks me.

"Yeah, they said they are having lots of fun," I say with a pout, still bitter they left me behind while they went on vacation. I can not be too bitter though because me being here has allowed me to meet my possible, maybe-hopefully-future dominant.

I hope I didn't scare him away. Weston assured me I didn't, but I am not so sure. Weston refuses to tell me anything about the communication between Ethan and him.

Ethan.

Master Ethan.

"Well, I'm glad they left you behind, so you could stay a few days here," Weston says and I laugh, laying down in bed so he can tuck me in like he used to.

"Have you heard from him?" I ask Weston softly as he fixes my blankets. It's been a few days now since I saw Ethan and Weston refuses to tell me anything. Weston doesn't look at me for a moment, but when he does I can see that he is keeping something from me. "Weston. Please tell me. I'm dying," I beg him.

He smiles softly and pulls his phone from his pocket when it starts to ring. "Mmm I wonder who that is?" He says mischievously, looking at the caller ID before handing his phone to me.

"It's him?" I ask in horror. I didn't have time to prepare myself for this.

"I don't know, but I'd answer it now because I'll be back in ten minutes and you'll be going to bed," he says, leaving me in my room alone with his phone.

It rings again and I swallow hard, gaining only enough courage to hit the accept button. "Hello?" His masculine voice rings through the phone.

I open my mouth with every intent of sound competent, "H-hello," I stutter out, mentally face palming.

He chuckles softly and the smooth sound caresses my ears. "I was almost worried you weren't going to talk to me tonight," Ethan admits.

A blush rises on my face and I sit up, trying to gather my thoughts. "Hello, Sir," I repeat more calmly, no shakiness in my voice.

"I wanted to call and make sure you made it to bed at a decent hour tonight. Weston says you've been staying up quite late." Ethan's remarks make me sit up even straighter.

What else has Weston told him if he is reporting on my sleep schedule?

"You are heading to bed, aren't you?" I shift in my bed, this conversation feeling much more taboo than it actually is.

"Yes, Sir," I reply softly, trying to focus on keep a soft and submissive tone.

There is a pause between us and although I feel awkward about it, he seems to just be soaking up the moment. "Very good... Well. I will not harass you now with questions about your day, or well being as much as I would like to hear about those things from your mouth. I would like you to get to bed and rest well because tomorrow I will be coming over to spend some time with you," he informs me making my heartbeat accelerate.

"O-oh." I quickly clasp my hand over my mouth when I let the comment slip. "I meant yes, Sir." His warm masculine chuckle caresses my ears again.

"Relax, Birdie. I am excited to spend time with you tomorrow and hopefully show you that you don't have to be so nervous. I am just a person, just like you or anyone else. There is no need to worry or be anxious. I am excited to meet with you again," he tells me and I silently nod, letting out a deep breath.

"Yes, Sir...I am excited to meet with you again," I tell him.

"Try saying it like you don't want to throw yourself in front of the nearest train and I might believe you next time, Birdie," he tells me, making me want to cry with frustration and self hatred until I realize he is only joking and not upset.