Inside Out

Ethan's POV

"You had mentioned that you would like a submissive because you want a constant companion," Weston notes, glancing down at his notes.

I clear my throat and nod, trying to hide my nervousness.

Interviews are always nerve racking.

"Yes. I want a submissive who will happily accompany me to work."

"So her time of rest would be while you are at work together and later at night or early in the morning she would attend to chores and cooking and such?"

That wasn't quite what I had in mind.

"I would want her to help me around the office and be open to serving me while I was at work. She wouldn't have real duties like an employee, but I would like to keep her somewhat busy with filing and shredding and such...

"As for her duties at home, I am an organized person, but not a clean freak. A clean home is not of great importance to me. I am content to continue to have a cleaning service come at least once a week," I explain.

"So she would just be cooking and doing minor domestic duties?" Weston clarifies.

"I am willing to pay a house keeper for a couple more days if she would be upset by an unclean home. I just value the time I spend outside of work with my submissive more than I do a clean home. Is Birdie pretty clean?"

He chuckles softly and shrugs, "She's not a pig, but she is not a clean freak either."

I nod, "Is she more of a morning or night person?"

Weston chuckles even more, "Night. Definitely night. Are you an early riser?"

"I get up pretty early for work, but I can accommodate my office to allow her a place to sleep in the mornings." I know submissives need more rest than dominants anyways.

"Do you have an expectation for how and when meals will be cooked for you? You rise early and go to work, so unless you had her get up before you...

"I don't know how she could make you breakfast. With dinner she obviously can't have dinner ready when you arrive home as she will be with you at work all day," Weston says.

"The break room has a stove and microwave and fridge and such. Some of my employees bring in their subs occasionally and they have cooked up lunch and dinner if we are working late.

"The safety and care of my submissive is the most important thing, above going to work early or even having breakfast made for me. It would be nice on occasion to have breakfast, but I honestly don't usually eat in the mornings, so having food before working is not an expectation I place on my submissive," I explain.

"So her duties on a normal day would be to accompany you to work, possibly make lunch and dinner either there or at home and fulfill other various services for you?" Weston asks me.

"Yes, a majority of her duty would be to help me relax and decompress after work through play or other methods." Weston nods and hums, thinking on my statement for a moment. I shift, sitting up a little straighter.

"What are your views on submissives and the relationship they should have with people other than their dominant?" Weston asks me. I am sure he is fishing to see if I will be locking her up and isolating her from everyone other than myself.

"I believe everyone needs a strong community and support system in life. I think dominants have the responsibility of making sure their submissives are around good influences, but I don't think a dominant should impose too much in their submissive's friendships beyond the need to interfere for their submissive's safety. I think it is important for a submissive to have their own friends as well and not only have relations with their dominant's friends," I explain.