Speak Up

Birdie's POV:

Ethan stares at me as I lick the chocolate from my fingers. His hands are steepled in front of his face, blocking half of his very serious expression.

I smile bashfully at him, putting my hands back into my lap. His stern expression melts away and he clears his throat, snapping out of whatever trance he was in. He starts to eat again, not disclosing any of his thoughts to me.

"I'm sorry you had to have left overs..." Ethan looks up at my words, pausing. He continues eating once again, only stopping to take a sip of water.

My guilt rises when he doesn't respond.

"I don't mind eating leftovers... so when you have your monthly, do you usually just eat chocolate?" His response surprises me. I guess I had expected him to say I could make a really good dinner to make up for not making lunch.

His question also catches me off guard a bit. I'm not really used to explaining my monthly habits to people. I suppose Weston knows me so well, I've never had to really voice my desires or habits.

"Weston usually only lets me have a little bit of chocolate, but only if I've eaten something." I scrunch my face in distaste, my stomach twisting at the idea of eating anything but chocolate.

Ethan hums and his brows furrow. "I suppose I wasn't supposed to let you have any chocolate then."

I pout at him. "You don't have to be mean like Weston, you can give me chocolate."

Ethan smiles and chuckles, wiping his face with his napkin. "You'll permit it? Why thank you, Mistress," Ethan jests.

I don't know why I blush, perhaps because we both know there is only a master in this house.

My face burns in embarrassment and I back pedal quickly. "I-I didn't mean it like that." I sound like a fool when I stutter, but my brain is too frazzled for good English.

"I know, Little Bird. I simply enjoy toying with you...You seem to be feeling much better," Ethan observes.

I shift in my seat and nod, my stomach now twisting in nervousness instead of cramps. Now that I'm feeling better, he will probably want to scene with me. I don't know if I'm actually ready for that though.

Playtime is such a big part of our relationship. What if I mess up? What if I do something really wrong?

"You'll have to forgive me. I don't admittedly know much about women and their menstrual cycle. I for one, was caught severely off guard with your cramps. I hadn't known they would... well hurt you or make you sick. I am glad you can sit up now with some pain medicine... how much longer will you be sick?"

Sick?

He's talking about my period, right?

How does he know absolutely zero about this?

Did he have to take the same sex education class I did?

"I'm not really sick..." I try to find it in myself to explain my period to him, but I can't bear it. Bleeding all over his sheets was already far too much for my first stay at his house.

"Of course not. I apologize. I was referring to your cramps and headaches and such. Will those last for the whole week?"

I let out a breath of relief. I really didn't want to have to explain anything more detailed than this.

"My cramps usually last two days, but they don't bug me when I take my pain medication. Headaches and migraines come and go usually before my period starts and then in the first couple of days..."