Rambling

Birdie's POV

I freeze, becoming vaguely aware of the firm leather my cheek rests on.

"Yes. Yes. Everything is a risk, even cashing in your assets is a risk. You never know if you are going to be selling the next billion dollar company."

The fabric of Ethan's pant leg tickle my forehead and I yawn, slowly pulling away as I realize I've rolled out of my bed, neglecting the soft cushion and using Ethan's foot as a pillow instead.

If Master Ethan notes my consciousness, he doesn't acknowledge it. I look around to see if anyone else is in the room.

The desk sits only a few inches off the floor, hiding me from the office, but not the office from me.

Another pair of shoes rests in the other side of Master Ethan's desk.

I remain very quiet, deciding to conceal my presence from the stranger.

"I see... I suppose the losses aren't substantial—"

"If this was consistent throughout the quarter I'd be concerned, but sometimes there are momentary drops in the market."

"Of course. Well, I suppose you know what you're doing... Is your submissive alright? I can't help but notice she's quiet now..."

My face flames red, feeling caught.

I lay very still, staring up at Master Ethan. He just laughs, shifting his feet ever so slightly.

"She's awake, I think she just needs sometime to warm up. She can be shy sometimes." Master Ethan stands and so does the stranger.

"Thank you for meeting with me. I'm not used to all this stuff and I wanted to make sure everything was still normal."

"I will keep an eye and notify you if something surprises me. I would be shocked if it didn't stabilize in a week," Master Ethan says, moving away from his desk to show the stranger out.

They exchange polite goodbyes and Master Ethan's footsteps echo throughout the room as he comes to stand in front of me.

I curl back into my bed, not necessarily scared, but intimidated by his looming.

He finally crouches down, a pleasant smile stretched across his face. "Good morning, Little Bird."

My face burns hot as I remember the strangers comment about me being noisy.

"Was I snoring?" My voice comes out as a squeak and I don't doubt his expanding grin is because of the unspoken taunt of my voice coming across as squawking to him.

"It was quiet pleasant to listen to while I was working earlier. It reminds me I'm not alone." He gently pats my head, standing up to move about his office.

"Come dress... You're rested enough, aren't you?" I crawl from under his desk, standing up to crack my back.

He looks up in alarm at the snapping, but doesn't say anything. As I approach his side, he smoothes my hair down my back, wordlessly unbuttoning my pajamas.

A blouse and a smart looking skirt is laid across Master Ethan's desk. Heels are set beside the outfit, shiny and black.

I know they don't belong to me and I know without asking that he bought them for me.

I rub my eyes tiredly, frowning slightly when his fingers pause on the third button from the top.

"May I undress you?" My cheeks heat up, realizing he had taken my concern about him undressing me without my permission very seriously.