The Drop

Birdie's POV

Ethan jumps when I nip his ear. I smile, giggling softly at his perplexed expression.

He thinks too much.

I kiss the bruise forming on his neck, laying down on top of him again.

A frown mares his face, still upset about last night. He cares too much perhaps, but I still love him.

I sit up, reaching for the band of my shorts. He said I didn't have to take them off, but I know he didn't particularly care for me dressing myself.

My smile widens at my master. He is a control freak, but only because of how much he cares.

I slip my shorts off, making him start to sit up. I throw my shorts on the floor, laying back down on him, wrapping my arms around his neck.

His arm wraps around my lower back, holding me to him. His fingers cross over my behind.

His hands are gentle, skimming over the dark lines on my bottom.

"They're pretty aren't they, Master Ethan?" He doesn't respond. "You didn't hurt me, Ethan. I really enjoyed last night. I know it was dangerous maybe—"

"It was very dangerous, Birdie," he interrupts quietly, tracing the cane marks.

"Maybe it was dangerous, but you stopped when you realized I was in subspace and that was all you could do. I was the one who slipped—"

"I made you slip though—"

"Ethan," I sigh.

He pauses for a moment, "How much pain were you in before you slipped into subspace?"

My brows furrow. I don't really remember being in a lot of pain. "I could feel the pain of each stroke obviously, but I always enjoyed it... I was in pain, but it was good. I don't really know how to explain it to you. I still feel pain all the same as you, I just find pleasure in it in an odd and obscure way..."

He remains silent for a moment, "Do you remember when you started to slip"

His hands caress my lower back, constantly showing me tender affection. I shake my head, unable to really tell at what point I entered subspace.

He nods softly, fixing my hair.

"Were you afraid?"

Afraid?

My poor master is not as confident as he usually puts out...

Even though it is normal to be a sadist, I think it's still hard for dominants to get past that some submissive's find pleasure in pain.

"Not even for a second, Ethan."

"...Did coloring ever come to mind?"

"Ethan, I loved last night... I know my drop was pretty hard, that wasn't fun, but I really had a good time... I..."

My break in my words catches his attention more than my actually speech.

"I really like the bruises you left behind. I liked how rough you were. I liked when you put me in my place and was stern with me. Why are you so adamant that you hurt or scared me? Haven't you caned other sub's before?"

I don't like bringing up his playmates, but I know he isn't new to pain play. I know he's experienced in just about everything. What made this so different?

"I've caned a lot of sub's before, a lot harder than I caned you, but I've never had a sub slip into subspace during a caning like that... I was hitting you fairly hard, Birdie...