Arms

Birdie's POV:

Ethan hums happily as he wraps me back up in the silk robe. I'm completely naked underneath, but he doesn't seem to care.

"We need to talk," he says suddenly, disappearing into his closet for a moment before he comes out in a dry pair of underwear. His secret smile from earlier is gone and now replaced by a serious expression.

"Oh... okay," I shuffle my feet, wondering what he wants to talk about.

He lets out a deep sigh and goes over to sit in the chair. I am confused for a moment until he motions towards the floor in front of the chair. That's right, he wants me to sit on the floor when we talk.

I slowly come over and sit down on the floor in front of him. I don't necessarily dislike it, but it's odd to sit on the floor when someone sits in a chair above you. He shifts forwards, so he is not relaxed back into the chair.

"Birdie, come cuddle with me. This position isn't mean to create division between us, it is suppose to help us communicate as dominant and submissive.

"Come lean against my leg. I want to take your head into my lap and pet you while we talk." He offers me his hand and I crawl forward, so I can lean against his leg like he wants.

I apparently do not do as he likes because he directs my body to the exact way he wishes. He has me up on my knees, so that at least my head and shoulders are resting on his thighs. His fingers run through my hair, somewhat keeping my head down on his leg.

"There we go. Is this comfortable for you?" I silently nod and he smiles, patting my head affectionately. "Very good... I wanted to discuss with you your branding," he says, his expression softening.

He must see the tension in my face because his fingers go to rub between my brows and along my jaw. "I know you feel uneasy about it, but I need an answer and I think you need to make a decision, so this isn't a constant stressor.

"Yes, is not yes to a branding. Yes means you're willing to go get a consultation and look into the process. No, means you do not wish to discuss this ever again, you have moved it to being a hard limit—and I will respect that decision. Or you could say maybe. Maybe is saying you'd be willing to revisit this conversation down the line possible a year or two from now," Ethan explains.

He runs his thumb along my brow, his gaze focused on his hand and not my eyes. I shift on his lap for a moment and he says nothing, letting me think.

"It is... important to you?" I inquire.

He pauses and his eyes finally divert from his hand to meet mine. "Yes."

I look away, a little unsettled. I play with the bottom of the chair. I don't want it to hurt... I don't think I want a permanent mark...

Do I?

It's not like in my face or collarbone or something... he wanted to do something small and pretty...

It would always be visible though.

A collar is always noticeable too, so it's not like it would be any more or less discreet.

Ethan continues to play with my hair as I think. This is a stressful topic, but his petting helps.

I lift my hand up to place it on his thigh next to my face. I tap my fingers, watching them thump again his thigh.

The chair creaks as he shifts and then his once free hand is in my hair while the other is caressing my hand.

I watch him, thinking he is going to hold my hand. He doesn't though, flipping it over and caressing my wrist... right where he wanted to brand me.