Chapter 2

Chapter 2 - into the vaults

16th May 1998

"We should apparate under the cloak, I'd like to stay invisible, I'm not enjoying getting mobbed by crazy stalkers again." Rosaline wrapped the cloak around her and Harry, grabbed his hand apparated to the front door of Gringotts Wizarding Bank.

Once they arrived, they took off the cloak and walked over to the nearest Goblin teller. The Goblin continued writing without looking up.

After a few seconds, Rosaline cleared her throat impatiently, "We're so sorry to interrupt your work here, but we'd like to get our business done as soon as possible. We'd like to visit the Potter and the Black family vaults."

The Goblin finally raised his head and eyed them suspiciously, and said "I need your blood to verify your identities, so to prevent any future..." He looked at Harry pointedly and added "break-ins."

"Right, here you go," said Rosaline awkwardly after placing three drops of blood on the parchment. Harry followed and did the same.

The Goblin took a look and stated "It seems you two belong to the Black, the Potter, and the Rosier fam-"

"The what?" exclaimed Rosaline and Harry together.

"The Rosier family, it's from your mother's side," declared the Goblin boredly.

"It's impossible! Our mother is Lily Evans! She's a muggle-born! I refused to believe our father had cheated on-" Harry commented heatedly.

"That is because your mother is adopted," the Goblin raised his voice. "Now, do you two want to go to your vaults or not?"

"Yes, it's jus-"

"Follow me then," said the Goblin, then he added something that undoubtedly sounded like insults in Gobbledegook. "Which vault do you want to visit first?" He inquired as he sat in the seat of the cart.

"Potter's" Rosline answered.

The cart traveled for a long while. Rosaline had never imagined her family vault would be so deep beneath. She gasped when the Goblin opened the vault door. There were huge stacks and piles of golden Galleons, filled with numerous family heirlooms and jewelry. She and Harry stepped inside, itching to examine different items.

"James?" a voice called. Both of them jumped and realized that it was from the portrait on the far right corner.

The woman in the portrait was regal-looking, with high cheekbones and curly black hair framing her face perfectly, her grey eyes were looking over Harry's features eagerly. After a moment, she concluded disappointedly, "You aren't James."

"No, ma'am," said Harry nervously. "I'm Harry, James's son. And this is my baby sister, Rosaline."

He waved his hand towards Rosaline.

"Don't call me baby sister!" Rosaline hissed, pinching Harry's arm.

"Little Harry and little Rosie?" the woman in the portrait uttered surprisedly. "James hasn't brought you here until now? Call him in, I'll have a word with him."

Rosaline and Harry exchanged looks at each other, wondering how to break the news to the lady in the portrait. "Ma'am, the reason why we weren't brought here until now is that, well, you see, father uh..." Rosaline took a deep breath, "We have been orphans since we were one."

"Orphans? How could that be? Unless..." The woman's eyes widen in realization, "My James died when you were one, is that true?" she questioned sorrowly.

The twins nodded.

"How?" asked the woman.

"Voldemort," replied Harry, noticing the woman clenching her jaw with a fiery look in her eyes. "He died protecting Mum and us."

"I've always known my James is brave and heroic, he would have made a wonderful father too," said the woman, smiling sadly. "Oh, how terribly rude of me, I have not introduced myself to you. I'm Dorea Potter née Black, your grandmother. Please call me granny or grandma."

"Yes, grandma," said Harry and Rosaline.

"So, what are you looking for in here?" asked Dorea.

"We are looking for someone to help us with taking up the role of the head of house. We are not familiar with the duties entailed, you see," answered Rosaline.

"I'll be able to help you with that since I was raised alongside Arcturus, I always sat in on his heir training lessons," stated Dorea earnestly.

"Thank you!" said Rosaline genuinely. "Uh... Do you mind if we shrink your portrait and carry it home?"

"No, darling. It will be nice for me to know what's going on outside of this dingy old vault, given that I've already been here for more than 15 years," responded Dorea.

Rosaline shrank the portrait, filled a bag of galleons, grabbed a couple of heirlooms and books, then stuffed them in her bag.

"Alright then, shall we go to the Black one next?" suggested Rosaline.

They sat back into the cart and it traveled deeper and deeper. When it stopped, they got off the cart and the Goblin opened the Black valve's door for them.

It was even more magnificent than the Potter's vault. There were shelves after shelves of exclusive books on dark curses, it even had separate rooms for jewelry and heirlooms. As for the galleons, it would not have run out even if five generations of Blacks were spending it luxuriously. Harry and Rosaline decided to examine the heirloom room first since it was the closest to the door.

"Hey! This thing looks wicked," Harry pointed out a black diamond-shaped locket and held it out to show Rosaline.

"Don't touch it, it might be dangerous!" snapped Rosaline, as she swiped it off Harry's hand.

The edge of the locket made contact with Rosaline's hand, scratched open the skin of her palm. The locket fell onto the floor and popped open, just as a drop of blood trickled from her hand onto the locket. There was a bright light and then Rosaline's vision went black.

//

Thank you for your support:))) Again, I'd be thrilled to see your comments.

See you next chapter.

Gi