Chapter 33

Warning: This chapter contains explicit details of torture

Chapter 33 - captured

1st October 1978

When Rosaline woke up, she thought today was going to be a perfect day. She woke up in the arms of Sirius Black, with sunlight beaming through the gaps between the curtains. She watched Sirius sleep peacefully for a few minutes and smiled, she just couldn't describe how much she loved him. She swept her hands slowly through his luscious black curly hair and kissed him on his forehead before sitting up.

"Don't get up yet," croaked Sirius, hugging her body tightly.

"I've got to make breakfast, then you have to go to work," Rosaline tried to wiggle out of his grasp.

"What time is it?" Sirius squinted at her.

"Half-past seven. Come on, you can still sleep in, I've got to shower and make breakfast," Rosaline said and climbed out of bed.

"Can I join you in the shower?" Sirius smiled.

"Tomorrow, when we don't have to work," Rosaline answered and Sirius pouted.

Rosaline grabbed some fresh clothes and headed to the bathroom. Ever since the start of September, Rosaline spent almost every night at Sirius's flat as Harry and James had moved out of the manor for Auror training. From their letters, everyone in the Auror Academy had to undergo intense training for the whole of September. They had to stay at the dormitories provided by the department, but after today, they would return to the manor. Rosaline often found it lonely to be in the manor, so she only returned when she needed some alone time, otherwise, she was staying with Sirius. Despite that, she was looking for a place for herself. In the previous month, Rosaline approached the Goblins to sell the corpse of the basilisk in the chamber of secret. They were all impressed and offered her and Harry quite a lot of money for that, so now she had enough money to purchase a safe house. And today, after Sirius had gone to work, she would go house hunting for the morning then work in the afternoon.

After her shower, she went and made two plates of bacon and eggs. When she was done, Sirius was already sitting at the table all dressed up for work. Before eating, Rosaline did her usual checks on her notebooks to see if she had missed anyone's letters.

"Heard anything from Reggie?" Sirius asked when he noticed what she was doing.

"You were there when I wrote to him last night, remember? He just talked about how insufferable the new DADA teacher was," Rosaline said.

"Oh, right. I just thought maybe he might have said something in the morning," Sirius replied.

"You don't have to be so worried about him now that he's at Hogwarts. He is out of Voldy and your family's reach," Rosaline said.