Chapter 4

Chapter 4 - telling the family

31st July 1977

Potter Manor was majestic, Rosaline concluded. When she stepped out of the fireplace, she found herself in a comfortable sitting room, which was surrounded by creamy-colored furniture and dome-shaped windows. She sat on a white sofa as she waits for Harry and her grandmother.

"Come with me, I'll bring you to my boys," Dorea motioned Harry and Rosaline to follow.

She led them out of the sitting room into the foyer, then through the backdoor into the Quidditch pitch. From a distance, they could see three people on their broomsticks, racing through an obstacle course.

After casting the sonorus charm on herself, Dorea spoke, "Time-out. I have someone here you'd like to meet."

Sirius Black was the first to reach the ground. He stood about six feet tall, with black shaggy hair shaping his aristocratic face. When he walked closer, Rosaline could see his signature smirk and grey eyes glinting with mischief. She suppressed a cry as she recalled the broken man with a gaunt face that she once knew. Apparently, Azkaban had taken the life out of him. As he stood in front of Rosaline, he held out a hand to her. Rosaline copied and thought he was going to shake hers, but instead was brought to a surprise when he kissed her knuckles.

"Enchantée, my fair maiden, I'm Sirius." he purred.

Rosaline rolled her eyes, "Did we just time-travel again? It isn't 1753, you know."

"What do you mean 'again'?" questioned Sirius.

Rosaline waved her hand, " We'll explain it later. I'm Rosaline, by the way."

Sirius smirked, "Where have you been in my life, pretty bird?"

Rosaline tried to cover her blush by retorting, "Don't call me 'pretty bird'! I don't like being called anything other than Rosaline or Rosie."

"I'm sure you can make an exception for me, isn't it, darling?" Sirius said and winked.

"Uh, I'm Harry," Harry interjected awkwardly.

"Who are they, mum?" James stopped beside his mother and eyed Rosaline and Harry curiously. "Hey! Why do you look like me?" He asked Harry.

James and Harry looked almost identical, except for the eyes. Harry had dove-shaped emerald green eyes, whereas James had almond-shaped hazel eyes. James was a bit taller and stockier than Harry, cheekbones and features a bit sharper, but other than that, they could have passed as twin brothers.

"I'm Harry and this is my twin, Rosaline. It may sound unbelievable to you but we are from the future." Harry announced.

"THE FUTURE!" Three voices repeated.

"You're out of your bloody mind-"

"Impossible!"

"This is madness-"