Chapter 13

Chapter 13 - aftermath

1st October 1977

It had been almost a week since Rosaline and James's fight. Rosaline tried to find James to talk to him, but whenever she saw James, he would walk the other way and disappear. Rosaline highly suspected that he carried his invisibility cloak everywhere, he just hid under it whenever he saw her. Rosaline couldn't live without her future dad avoiding her, so she bribed Harry with treacle tart so that he would give her the password to the Gryffindor Tower. She snuck into the boys' dormitory three times, but every time, James would make up excuses to leave the room.

In the free period after lunch on Thursday, she made her way to the Gryffindor Tower once again.

"Venomous Tentacula," Rosaline muttered to the portrait of the Fat Lady. She swung open the door and she entered. She climbed to the 7th-year boy dormitory and knocked on the door. Harry opened the door and let her in. The marauders except for Peter were all there since they didn't take Care of Magical Creatures. She saw them flipping through a magazine full of Muggle women. Remus caught her looking, and swept the magazine off the table, and threw it under Sirius's bed.

Rosaline raised an eyebrow at them, "I'm not interrupting anything here, am I?"

"Yes, actually I have to go find a book," James took two strides across the room and left.

"Would you just wait?" Rosaline chased after him down the stairs. "Immobulus," she pointed her wand at James and shouted.

James froze and Rosaline levitated him back to his dormitory. She locked the door in a way that only she could unlock it, so as to prevent James from running away again. She then released James from the spell and he immediately rushed to the door, shaking the door handle madly to open it but he failed. He also tried the unlocking charms a couple of times until he realized that it wouldn't budge.

"Did you just fucking lock us in?" James shouted, "Open the fucking door!"

"Not until you hear me out," Rosaline begged.

"What more is there to say? I thought you made it very clear that you don't want me nosing into your life. And I did just what you asked, I'm giving you space! What more do you want from me?" James yelled.

"I'm sorry!" Rosaline said in exasperation, "I didn't mean like-"

"If you didn't mean it, you wouldn't have said it!" James retorted, "So, go, you don't want to be in my suffocating presence."

"No! I want you in my life. Absolutely. But I don't want you asking about everything I do and scaring off every boy I talk to. I know you care about me a lot but that is getting a little overboard. When you're going on with your overprotective act, it just makes me feel like you don't trust my judgments, you don't think I'm capable of dealing with my own problems, it makes me look weak and dependent and I hate that." Rosaline said.