Chapter 27

Chapter 27 - sluggy

23rd April 1978

Rosaline had been very busy for the past month since there were only seven weeks left till their NEWT. She was not for studying more than 5 hours a day but given the amount of homework they had, she had no choice but to spend almost every night in the library. Funnily, Sirius and James were never seen in the library working, or working anywhere. Whenever Rosaline saw them together, they were always laughing, so carefree and happy. Rosaline would smile sadly at this because it might as well be the last year that they could do this, without the burden of the war. Rosaline heard stories from the future Remus and Sirius that they didn't know how severe the war really was until they set foot in the real world. Once they graduated, they joined the Order of the Phoenix and had to constantly risk their lives to defend others. Rosaline would not be happy if they joined this time but she was certain they would, as they were far too noble for their own good.

This week, every Slytherin seventh year had to meet with their Head of House to discuss their future career path, Rosaline's timeslot with Slughorn was at Friday 4 pm, which meant she would be missing half of Ancient Runes. Narcissa had her session before noon. When she saw her at lunch, she looked dejected.

"Did something happen, Cissa?" Rosaline sat down opposite her and asked.

Narcissa sighed, "I don't see the point of talking about a career that I'm never going to be able to pursue."

"Are you sure you really cannot have a job once you marry Malfoy?" Rosaline questioned.

Narcissa looked around them and when she was sure that no one else than Olivia and Rosaline could hear her, she said, "Do you remember when I said I ran out on Malfoy during the Yule Ball?"

Both Rosaline and Olivia nodded.

"He actually told me that once I became his, I would have to serve the Dark Lord, meaning getting that mark. And no one would accept someone with a dark mark to be a healer," Narcissa eyed them fearfully.

"Shit," Rosaline frowned, "Can you tell him to postpone it, like after you have given him an heir? You can tell him that you want to make the Malfoy line prosper or something along that crap."

"I don't know if it'll work," Narcissa looked doubtfully, "But I will try that."

"Did you two forget what I've said?" Olivia voiced, "I say we kill him. Cissa, you already said poison, right? What kind? We can brew it."

"It's too hard to poison him without being caught. I don't want to get rid of him just to spend the remaining of my life in Azkaban. He isn't worth that much," Narcissa scoffed.

"What about something that will make him mental? Rosie, can you please make a spell that will cause someone to lose their mind?" Olivia recommended.