Chapter 61

Chapter 61 - post-war

13th April 1979

The aftermath of the battle was messy. Rosaline remembered the stabbing pain in her shoulder then everyone seemed to be surrounding her as she closed her eyes. Not long later, she felt like her whole body was being repeatedly punctured by an obtuse needle. There was screaming and crying but she was just too exhausted to open her eyes. At some point, she must have passed out due to the pain. When she regained consciousness, she felt numb, like she couldn't even feel her limbs.

Did I lose all my limbs??

She had to know. She opened her eyes and looked at her body, thankfully, she still had four limbs.

"She's awake!" James screamed, which startled her.

Two healers walked in swiftly: one middle-aged slim woman and one older dark-skinned man. The woman was pushing in a tray full of potions, the man was holding a clipboard.

"What happened to me? Why can't I feel anything?" She asked the healers, still unable to move from her neck downwards.

The healers looked at Harry and James as if to ask them to leave, Rosaline caught the look and said quickly, "They can stay."

"Alright, Miss Potter. I am Healer Johnson, we had been trying to stabilize your condition since your arrival. You've been stabbed by a dagger, we've been told. Before your arrival, the dagger had already been removed from your body, and some spells were performed to stop your extensive bleeding, which effectively saved your life. When you were brought here, we cleaned up and closed your wounds," the healer with the clipboard said.

"Then why can't I move?" Rosaline asked, she was trying so hard to raise her arms but failed.

"The dagger that got you contain multiple curses. One of which causes you immense pain. One of your friends was able to stop it from spreading to the head, but it spreads to your neck downwards. For the time being, we cast some very strong numbing spells on you such that you won't feel it or be able to move," he continued.

"Can't you stop the pain instead of numbing my whole body?" Rosaline asked a little frustratedly, she hated not being able to control her limbs, it felt like she was trapped.

"We noticed some complications, that is why we decide to talk to you before proceeding," the healer put down his clipboard and looked Rosaline straight in the eyes with a severe expression.

"What?"

The healer sighed, "The situation is rather delicate," he took another deep breath, "The dagger that got you also affect your reproductive organs, which means now you have less than a 10% chance of reproducing in the future."

Rosaline inhaled sharply, she felt like her heart just dropped. She always wanted to have a family of her own. In her mind, her perfect family consisted of a loving husband and at least two kids. When Harry and Rosaline were still under the roof of the Dursleys, she often pictured how she'd be as a parent, how she'd love her children without turning into her so-called aunt and uncle. Having kids of her own was always in her plans. But now, it seemed like that perfect picture just shattered into a million pieces.