Chapter 6

Chapter 6 - encounters

31st August 1977

"Get down here, Rosie, Harry! I want you to meet my friends!" shouted James from the foyer.

"Give me a minute, I'm getting dressed!" Rosaline shouted back.

She put on a simple white tee and a black leather skirt with matching black boots after she had braided her raven hair and applied her make-up. She was so happy when Dorea bought her to muggle London a week ago to do her shopping, much to the protest of the boys and Charlus. They trailed along Dorea and Rosaline, complaining about crazy women and their habits. Rosaline found out Dorea had a vindictive streak. The more the boys complained, the longer she would take to finish her shopping. She would even deliberately point out useless items and fawn over them just to punish the boys.

After two weeks that she had found out about the locket, she had been quiet about the whole affair. She had to wear the locket around her neck all the time and when James and Sirius asked about it, she told them that it was just a slightly modified time-turner, there's nothing to worry about. James, as oblivious as he was, believed it immediately. Sirius, on the other hand, looked doubtful, he looked at her with a raised eyebrow when she finished telling them the tale. Sirius was staying at Château Noir a lot since Arcturus's visit. Every time he popped back into Potter Manor, he kept cruising the Black Lord with his colourful tongue, but he eventually stopped after being overheard by Dorea and had his mouth scourgified.

Two days ago, they received their Hogwarts letters and to everyone but the twins' surprise, James was made Headboy. Sirius joked and teased James, bowing and using overly formal tones to speak to James. James was embarrassed and frustrated, he chased Sirius around the house to make him stop. The family decided to go get their school books on the 31st with Remus and Peter. At the mention of Peter's name, both Harry and Rosaline's faces darkened, jaw clenched and knuckles whitened. Rosaline had to spend a full day talking Harry out of 'accidentally' incapacitating Peter permanently. She wanted vengeance, but she wanted to catch Peter at it. And she reminded herself, this Peter had not actually committed any crime yet, but she would keep a close watch on him.

When she walked down the stairs, she could already see the marauders and Harry talking to each other. The young Remus was a tall and brown-haired boy. His scars were not as visible as the Remus in Rosaline's time but he was a little shabby even in his youth. He was dressed in a worn-out grey cloak with a buttoned shirt and pants underneath. Peter was a short and timid boy, a little chubby, with wispy light brown hair. He wore a simple black t-shirt with black jeans, his wand sticking out of his back pocket.

"Hello, I'm Rosaline Potter. Nice to meet you." she smiled at both Remus and Peter warmly.

"Hi, Rosaline, I'm Remus Lupin. It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance." Remus smiled back and inclined his head politely.

"I... I'm Peter...uh Pettigrew." stuttered Peter.

"Charmed," said Rosaline simply.

Then they all made their way to the floo, where Dorea and Charlus were already waiting for them.