Chapter 31

Chapter 31 - new beginning

1st July 1978

Today was the first day of work for Rosaline. After careful consideration, she decided to become a Curse Breaker as she would have more chance of traveling and working with different people. She woke up at 8 and headed to breakfast after taking a shower.

"I don't understand why you want to work so soon," James yawned, "I'd rather take a long break. The good thing is the Auror Program doesn't start until August."

"I did absolutely nothing for these two weeks and I'm bored," Rosaline accepted a full English breakfast from the elves, "Plus, I want to make money and buy a flat."

"So you work early because you want to make money?" James asked surprisedly, "I don't see what's the point."

"Many people can't relate to that, you know," Rosaline rolled her eyes, "They have to earn money to buy food and pay rent."

"But you don't! We could have spent one thousand Galleons a day and we'll still be rich," James answered, "If you want to buy a flat, just ask mum and dad, they'll give you some money."

"Let me specify. I want to buy a flat with my own money that I earn," Rosaline clarified, "Seriously, you really don't know what's it like to not live in a mansion."

"You don't live here in the future?" James questioned.

"Unfortunately no," Rosaline answered while putting baked beans on her toast.

"I won't become a drunken gambler and lose all the money, will I?" James asked.

Rosaline laughed, "No, of course not."

"I have the feeling that I didn't get to raise you from all the hints that you've given me. What happened?" James took a sip of coffee.

"I can't tell you that. But I can assure you, it won't happen this time." Rosaline said. Then Sirius and Harry walked in. Before Sirius took his seat next to Rosaline, he gave him a quick kiss on the forehead.

"Gross," James cringed at their interaction.

"Get it over with," Rosaline muttered to James, "Anyways, what are you lot up to?"

"Apartment hunting for Sirius," James and Harry answered.

"Oh, where?" Rosaline asked.

"London, in Diagon Alley hopefully," Sirius answered.

"I don't see what's so attractive living in London," James commented, "You've been there all your life!"

"Even though I lived there for 16 years, I didn't get to explore the city much. Mother forbid us to go out because 'there are too many muggles'," Sirius quoted.

"But Grimmauld Place is located in a muggle neighborhood," Harry said, "Why does she live there if she doesn't want any contact with the muggles?"

"Beats me," Sirius answered, "Mother is always insane."