Chapter 38

Chapter 38 - out of the cave

3rd January 1979

Peace. Eternal peace. Rosaline had never felt so calm before, there were no worries, no sadness, and no pain. She slowly opened her eyes, her surrounding was like a hazy version of the Potter Manor's foyer. She stood up and walked around to investigate.

"This is not the Potter Manor," she mused out loud as she found that it was far too clean to be the current state of the manor.

"No," a familiar male voice said from behind.

Rosaline turned to the source of the voice and was met by a lean, tall figure of Theodore Nott. His short brown hair, thick eyebrows, thin-lipped smile was the same as ever. The only difference was his demeanor, he was so much happier and more carefree now.

"Theo," Rosaline ran towards him and hugged him tightly. Then she released him and asked, "How are you here?"

"I died," he stated frankly, "After you and your brother disappeared, the Death Eaters believed that their threats were gone, and it's the right time to strike again. They wanted to kill the so-called traitors first, so they first hunted Draco and his mother down, then they came for me. I was killed by a piercing curse to the heart," he touched the left side of his chest.

"Who killed you?" Rosaline frowned.

"I don't know. I tried to ask Death but they refused to answer," he shrugged.

"You saw Death?" She asked, "Aren't they supposed to greet me then? I'm dead!"

"Not yet," Theo said, "Apparently you and your brothers are very hard to kill."

"Wait, what do you mean not yet? Like there is a waiting list or something for death too?" Rosaline questioned.

"No, I'll show you," Theo waved his hand and a window appeared in front of them, showing her lifeless body, with Regulus, Kreacher, and Witty surrounding in the middle of the living room.

"It...it's me?" Rosaline asked surprisedly, "They managed to get me out of that accursed cave?"

"The last time I saw you, you're a lot smarter," Theo rolled his eyes, "Of course they did, why else would you be in the middle of the room with them?"

"There's a lot of information to process!" Rosaline justified, "I just watched a friend being tortured by some poison, then tried to fight off inferi before being dragged underwater, and woke up believing myself dead but it turned out not. I would like to see how well you'd react if you've just gone through all that!"

"Calm down, darling. I'm just joking," Theo smirked. "Look!" He pointed at the window.

Regulus was flipping through a book, he was already very weak from the exposure to the potion, but he held himself up and desperately tried to save her.