Chapter 18

Chapter 18 - Black yule

24th December 1977

The Potters were told by Sirius that they were to arrive at La Maison du Noir at 4 pm for a brief meeting with the whole Black family since they were tied to the Blacks via Dorea. Sirius, on the other hand, was needed at La Maison du Noir in the early morning. The rest of the Blacks weren't technically told that Sirius was still the heir, however, this would change at the meeting. Lord Black originally wanted to reveal this in the ball, but Sirius believed that his mother and Bellatrix would probably riot and cause trouble, which may destroy the reputation of the Blacks, so there was a change to his plans.

A little while before 4 pm, all the Potters were dressed in expensive formal robes. On Charlus, Dorea, and James' robes, there were symbols on them to indicate they were the Lord, Lady, and Heir of the Potter family. Harry was dressed in modernly-styled black robes with his dragon-hide boots. Rosaline wore a light blue silk dress that made her glow with radiance. Although the dress was very humble without exposing any skin, it shaped her curves very well. At 4 pm, the portkey they were grabbing activated and they reappeared in an elegant dark-colored entrance hall. Sirius came into view and lead them to the meeting room.

The only other occupant in the meeting room other than the Potters and Sirius was Cassiopeia Black. She eyed the Potter party curiously and exclaimed, "Dorea! It's been so long, I didn't know that you have two more children."

"Cousin Cassie, it is nice seeing you. As for these two," Dorea gestured Harry and Rosaline, "They are Euphemia and Fleamont Potter's children, Harry and Rosaline Potter. They have been living with us since the summer holiday."

"Rosaline Potter?" Cassiopeia Black questioned, "I heard so much about you from Narcissa, she told me you are fascinated by the art of blackmailing and teaching wankers a lesson."

The Potters stared at Rosaline in shock, but Rosaline just smiled coyly, "I admire your dedication to your profession so much. After all, someone has to put the jerks in place."

Then they were interrupted by a shriek, "YOU! SHAME OF MY FLESH! YOU DARE SHOW YOUR FACE HERE?"

The occupants in the meeting room groaned. Walburga Black and her family had arrived no doubt. When they entered the meeting room, Rosaline saw that Walburga's face was in a furious shade of red, while her husband and son had an empty expression.

"Nice to hear your delightful tone, mother. It's touching to hear that you have been missing me," Sirius answered.

"You are disowned! I blasted you off the tapestry!" Walburga screeched shrilly.

"Excuse me mother, but I have other important business to attend to other than listening to your lovely words about how you love me," Sirius smirked and walked out of the meeting room.

"COME BACK HERE, Y-"

"Give it a damn break, Walburga! You are bursting my eardrums," Cassiopeia complained.