Epilogue

Epilogue

13th February 1983

"I don't understand what you are stressing about, Cissa. Light beige is the same as white," Rosaline sighed while looking at herself in the mirror with her wedding dress. She was wearing a white off-the-shoulder fluffy dress, she originally thought it looked wonderful but now she felt like maybe it was too much.

"No, it's not! The light beige tablecloth will go perfectly with the flower arrangement but white? Not so much. Why did she pick white when I specifically asked her to pick light beige?" Rosaline turned to look at Narcissa, who was holding the tablecloth and the flowers in front of her as if it was the greatest offence ever.

"It's close enough. Cissa, calm down. It's my wedding, and I like what everyone has picked out so far," Rosaline responded, turning back to look at herself in the mirror. "Hey, do you think this is too much? Does it show too much of my body?" She gestured to her heavily pushed-up boobs.

"He's going to love it, don't worry. Besides, he's just going to tear the dress off you once you two are alone," Narcissa smirked teasingly.

"I won't allow it, it's expensive, you know. It costs over a thousand Galleons," Rosaline took out the Black locket and transfigure it to resemble a simple necklace.

"Have you told him yet?" Narcissa helped her with her necklace.

"What?"

Narcissa raised an eyebrow.

"Oh that, not yet. I'm planning something since apparently, he's so into public gestures," Rosaline huffed.

"Are you still mad at him about the proposal?" Narcissa snorted, "It's been six months and I think it's romantic."

"He doesn't have to do it in front of the whole fucking world! He did it at the World Cup. Once he got off his broom with the snitch. While that fucker Bagman was commentating! Then I had to run down to the pitch to accept it while all eyes were on me!" Rosaline exclaimed.

"And yet you proudly retell the story every time someone congratulates you," Narcissa went behind her and began to adjust the veil on her hair. "Admit it, you love it."

"I love him. If other guys do this, I'd say no right away," Rosaline summoned her makeup kit to do a little bit of final brush-up.

"And the whole world forgot that Brazil won. Even the headline said 'England National Team Seeker Regulus Black engaged to Rosaline Potter at the Quidditch Finals'. It totally pissed the Brazil team off," Narcissa recalled.

"I'm pretty sure he did it to piss off Barros," Rosaline rolled her eyes.

"Who? Oh, you mean the Brazilian chaser that flirted with you two summers back?"

"He just talked to me, I didn't even realize he was flirting," Rosaline explained.

"You Potters are oblivious."